Scammed on Steam game

Found 21st Aug 2017
I bought gta v from an eBay seller the code did not work and had been used before. I rang eBay and they said there is nothing that can be done as it is digitally delivered. What can I do to get my money back?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I would imagine this would be covered under the Consumer Rights Act (see https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rights-for-consumers-when-buying-digital-content). If you paid via PayPal it may be worthwhile raising a dispute
Edited by: "smiiithy" 21st Aug 2017
Paypal wont touch anything that isn't sent by post. It's extremely difficult to find out who has redeemed the code. Ask the seller to deliever the code by post and take it from there.
kester7637 m ago

Paypal wont touch anything that isn't sent by post. It's extremely …Paypal wont touch anything that isn't sent by post. It's extremely difficult to find out who has redeemed the code. Ask the seller to deliever the code by post and take it from there.

exactly this, ask the seller to send the physical code, if they can't then say to ebay you have not received your item
tell them you'll be reporting them for fraud if they don't resolve this in the next 24 hours
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants