Groups

Scammers on fs ft buyer beware

Just goes to show mods are doing a good job. Just spotted a deal posted that was obviously a scam. Beware of posts like this as most of us will realise it but the odd few will think what a great site I have found!

I cut the text and pasted it below. Wish ebay could get rid of their listings as quick!

Add to superman2k7's ReputationReport Post
    superman2k7
    Flint

Brand New Boxes LG Viewty Touch Screen Mobile Phone

POSTED BY: superman2k7 4 minutes ago

This is a brand new LG Viewty Touch Screen Mobile Phone with complete box and all the accessorries.

I m selling you cheap for just 175 pounds. Retail price is much much higher than that.

Its locked to T mobile but can be unlocked if you contact them for 10-15 pounds.

Please contact me on [email protected]spam.com if interested.

I will prefer the payment from Paypal if you have got an account. It will be secure.

Thanks
    Asking Price:
    Shipping/Payment Instructions:
    Collect in Person,

Paypal Payment.

superman2k7

46 Comments

eh what beacon of light?

Banned

they where not a scammer, scammer dont list on gumtree for cash on collection

Banned

and so now your advertising it for him

I was wondering how it was an obvious scam...

sassie;2067801

they where not a scammer, scammer dont list on gumtree for cash on … they where not a scammer, scammer dont list on gumtree for cash on collection

Sass, that was the W880i.

Banned

Shengis;2067820

Sass, that was the W880i.

no it was also this one, i reported it for trading elswhere

There was absolutely no reason for you to call this person a scammer ? I really don't know why you have ?

sassie;2067826

no it was also this one, i reported it for trading elswhere

Ok, I take it Emma removed that bit from the OP then.

Shengis;2067831

Ok, I take it Emma removed that bit from the OP then.

I only removed an email address from an OP Selling on gumtree too.

emmajk42;2067830

There was absolutely no reason for you to call this person a scammer ? I … There was absolutely no reason for you to call this person a scammer ? I really don't know why you have ?

Can you not edit the email address from the op's post as this may lead to trading outside of the forum?

Banned

maybe you could remove the same out of the op on this one too

harlzter;2067836

Can you not edit the email address from the op's post as this may lead to … Can you not edit the email address from the op's post as this may lead to trading outside of the forum?

I did

Banned

emmajk42;2067838

I did

no this one - lol

sassie;2067841

no this one - lol

I did ! :lol:

Banned

emmajk42;2067847

I did ! :lol:

alright already, you hadnt when i posted to remove:p and now you have

think the op just got carried away for some strange reason

Yes, he seems a bit excited.

Banned

emmajk42;2067851

Yes, he seems a bit excited.

oh lordy hope you aint gonna have a sassie the 2nd:w00t:

Original Poster

emmajk42;2067830

There was absolutely no reason for you to call this person a scammer ? I … There was absolutely no reason for you to call this person a scammer ? I really don't know why you have ?

Ok I may be wrong :oops: cash on collection doesent mean it isnt a scam though:thinking: nothing says you will actually get to collect the phone if you happen to be local to whatever location the seller gives you. Chances are more people will think its a genuine ad because it has the option to collect but still have it posted.

If I am wrong not to trust a fs thread from a person with 2 posts and terrible grammar then I will gladly accept a ban for trying to warn people to be cautious. In hindsight I would have not called them a scammer though :whistling:

jtx;2067868

Ok I may be wrong :oops: cash on collection doesent mean it isnt a scam … Ok I may be wrong :oops: cash on collection doesent mean it isnt a scam though:thinking: nothing says you will actually get to collect the phone if you happen to be local to whatever location the seller gives you. Chances are more people will think its a genuine ad because it has the option to collect but still have it posted. If I am wrong not to trust a fs thread from a person with 2 posts and terrible grammar then I will gladly accept a ban for trying to warn people to be cautious. In hindsight I would have not called them a scammer though :whistling:

There is nothing from their post to suggest a scam. Yes, you are right to be wary of anyone with 2 posts trying to sell a high value item. But in future, please just use the report button to ask a moderator to check it out.

Also, in the thread itself, it is usually forum etiquette here to ask for the seller to post pictures of the item showing their username in the pic, also their ebay username for trading feedback. If we all do this, hopefully the world will become a safer place :-D

If I am wrong not to trust a fs thread from a person with 2 posts and … If I am wrong not to trust a fs thread from a person with 2 posts and terrible grammar then I will gladly accept a ban for trying to warn people to be cautious

Are you serious , lol

That has to be Quote of the Week, lol

Banned

jtx i know you only had the best interest of hukd at heart, no real harm done, just next time try to hang fire for at least minute - lol

sassie;2067863

That doesnt even bear thinking about :w00t: I was just about to go to bed I darent now because of nightmares!!

Original Poster

sassie;2067863

err no :oops: jtx the 1st :thumbsup:

We can still get excited though :w00t: :whistling:

I think photos should be made compulsory. Can't believe anybody these days hasn't got some form of access to a digital camera. No photo, no post.

Banned

harlzter;2067885

That doesnt even bear thinking about :w00t: I was just about to go to bed … That doesnt even bear thinking about :w00t: I was just about to go to bed I darent now because of nightmares!!

you mean more like wild erotic dreams ya chuffin liar

sassie;2067891

you mean more like wild erotic dreams ya chuffin liar

Your fault you shouldnt have sent me "those" photo's!:w00t:

Banned

jtx;2067887

err no :oops: jtx the 1st :thumbsup:We can still get excited though … err no :oops: jtx the 1st :thumbsup:We can still get excited though :w00t: :whistling:

trust me you wont be first at aything on here mate - lol

Shengis;2067888

I think photos should be made compulsory. Can't believe anybody these … I think photos should be made compulsory. Can't believe anybody these days hasn't got some form of access to a digital camera. No photo, no post.

Yes but quite a few peoples cameras have broken if you notice!!:whistling:

Banned

harlzter;2067902

Your fault you shouldnt have sent me "those" photo's!:w00t:

hush your filthy mouth, i will have pm's coming out of me ears you start saying things like that

Shengis;2067888

I think photos should be made compulsory. Can't believe anybody these … I think photos should be made compulsory. Can't believe anybody these days hasn't got some form of access to a digital camera. No photo, no post.

Totally agree. And no stock photos either,

sassie;2067906

hush your filthy mouth, i will have pm's coming out of me ears you start … hush your filthy mouth, i will have pm's coming out of me ears you start saying things like that

Oops sorry forgot that was supposed to be secret!

Banned

Shengis;2067888

agree there, but has been suggested on the odd occasion but admin doesnt want this to be compulsory

Original Poster

harlzter;2067910

Oops sorry forgot that was supposed to be secret!

Sassie has assured me she has no secrets so pm me the photos:whistling:

jtx;2067919

Sassie has assured me she has no secrets so pm me the photos:whistling:

I'll put them in the fs/ft section tomorrow for you:whistling:

Original Poster

sassie;2067883

jtx i know you only had the best interest of hukd at heart, no real harm … jtx i know you only had the best interest of hukd at heart, no real harm done, just next time try to hang fire for at least minute - lol

Story of my life:whistling::-D

For the record the comment about sassie and photo's was said in jest and i am not in posession of any such items (damn), please nobody else pm me for copies as you are rapidly filling my inbox - I have had to empty it twice so far as it got filled!

Banned

harlzter;2067929

For the record the comment about sassie and photo's was said in jest and … For the record the comment about sassie and photo's was said in jest and i am not in posession of any such items (damn), please nobody else pm me for copies as you are rapidly filling my inbox - I have had to empty it twice so far as it got filled!

you doughnut

Original Poster

harlzter;2067922

I'll put them in the fs/ft section tomorrow for you:whistling:

With your postcount and rep I suppose ill happily pay by western union :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions