Groups

Scan and Edit?

I want to scan a letter possibly into Word and then edit the written content.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any assistance

12 Comments

Banned

col

I want to scan a letter possibly into Word and then edit the written … I want to scan a letter possibly into Word and then edit the written content.Is this possible? Thanks for any assistance

i would like to know aswell, will come in handy to edit my a level results :-D

Banned

yes there is away but you need a special scanner, cant remember what they're called, maybe character recognition scanner or something along those lines.

you can certainly do it though

You need OCR software or optical character recognition software.

Original Poster

Thanks will take a look

simon_stuart

yes there is away but you need a special scanner, cant remember what … yes there is away but you need a special scanner, cant remember what they're called, maybe character recognition scanner or something along those lines.you can certainly do it though

Not quite true. As rayman has pointed out. You need the software to convert the image to text.

From my personal experience you will still have to go through the scanned text and correct all the faults the software has wrongly converted.

Original Poster

I don't have MODI :-(

Have a look on the CD that came with your scanner. They may have put some trial software on there.

never used this, sounds handy though. Sibelius also lets you scan in notation for the program. I hadnt heard that you need specific software to do this though. If you have microsoft office find "Microsoft Office Document Imaging"

Microsoft Office \ Microsoft Office Tools on start menu..

Original Poster

cold toast

never used this, sounds handy though. Sibelius also lets you scan in … never used this, sounds handy though. Sibelius also lets you scan in notation for the program. I hadnt heard that you need specific software to do this though. If you have microsoft office find "Microsoft Office Document Imaging"Microsoft Office \ Microsoft Office Tools on start menu..

It's not on Office 2000 though

ok, try this

simpleocr.com/

free ocr software, never used it but maybe give it a try?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions