Scent Gland Tumour

Found 2nd Mar 2009
Just wondering if anyone knew the average costs for treating a Scent gland tumour in a Gerbil by a vet??
It looks as tho my gerbil may have it...

Cheers!
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
30 Comments
Cheaper to buy a new gerbil
Banned
clondikemike;4532823

Cheaper to buy a new gerbil

yes, unless insured probably true

just give the vet a ring mate
Has the vet tested for any secondaries? I.E has it spread or static in the one gland?
Cost me £28 for a visit and to get antibiotics when one of my rats got a chest infection. Both died within 3 months :-(
Banned
bitseylango;4532868

Cost me £28 for a visit and to get antibiotics when one of my rats got a … Cost me £28 for a visit and to get antibiotics when one of my rats got a chest infection. Both died within 3 months :-(

wtf, you had a pet rat?
my local vet wanted £65 to remove the tumour. to be honest, i dont think it is worth it.

some gerbils recover well, alot just pass away within a few weeks.

they can live for a while with it to be honest, so it may be worth just enjoying the time you have together.
vets cant do anything for it birdyboy - we had one couple of years ago same thing - save your money and just let it live out its life

vets consultation fee - £25 - for nothing!

sorry hon - i gather its the kids one - so tell them its a special hamster -

think ours lived for another 4 - 6 months - good considering they only have 2 - 3 yr lifespan
Cost us £75 for a hysterectomy for a guinea pig.
DangerGod;4532885

wtf, you had a pet rat?

they make brilliant pets, very friendly and easy to train plus it keeps the ma-in-law at bay
Banned
Aw, get well soon gerbil.

If you are struggling with vet cost's try:-

pdsa.org.uk/eli…tml
Banned
bitseylango;4532907

they make brilliant pets, very friendly and easy to train plus it keeps … they make brilliant pets, very friendly and easy to train plus it keeps the ma-in-law at bay

LOL pet rat .... surely just find 1 in the nearest drainpipe?
Banned
DangerGod;4532942

I have a pet tiger :whistling:
Banned
in before mention of BG1
DangerGod;4532942

would be cheaper but nasty little beggars.....think I will stick to domesticated ones
Banned
ODB_69;4532969

in before mention of BG1

stalker:p
dog_cop;4532959

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/iKillaZ_Snipe/Police.jpg
Banned
bitseylango;4533010

hahaha love it .. gave me ticket back though :w00t:
Banned
dog_cop;4532959

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv216/katieflow/P1010426.jpg
dog_cop;4533022

hahaha love it .. gave me ticket back though :w00t:

:?
Banned
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/newsletter/images2003/2003-03-01_Batley-HereKitty.jpg:thumbsup:
Banned
bitseylango;4533041

:?

gave up my firearms ticket :thumbsup:
dog_cop;4533061

gave up my firearms ticket :thumbsup:

why?
Banned
bitseylango;4533067

why?

travelling 52 miles a day round trip, had to leave me springer at home, big dog was stuck in the back of the ARV when we were patrolling the airport, drive around not doing much, bored.. shall I go on ? and it made me even more grumpy than normal :w00t:
dog_cop;4533124

travelling 52 miles a day round trip, had to leave me springer at home, … travelling 52 miles a day round trip, had to leave me springer at home, big dog was stuck in the back of the ARV when we were patrolling the airport, drive around not doing much, bored.. shall I go on ? and it made me even more grumpy than normal :w00t:

thats one good reason to hand it back then! :-D
Banned
bitseylango;4533148

thats one good reason to hand it back then! :-D

correct so let the grumpyness begin :w00t:
dog_cop;4533166

correct so let the grumpyness begin :w00t:

go on then......dont want to be seen getting too friendly do we? ;-)
Banned
bitseylango;4533182

go on then......dont want to be seen getting too friendly do we? ;-)

did I see a sale on at Evans :thumbsup:
dog_cop;4533192

did I see a sale on at Evans :thumbsup:

now thats more like it!
aircanman;4532886

my local vet wanted £65 to remove the tumour. to be honest, i dont think … my local vet wanted £65 to remove the tumour. to be honest, i dont think it is worth it. some gerbils recover well, alot just pass away within a few weeks. they can live for a while with it to be honest, so it may be worth just enjoying the time you have together.

Yes, make the most of your precious time,:w00t:
Original Poster
Lulu'sMammy;4532841

Has the vet tested for any secondaries? I.E has it spread or static in … Has the vet tested for any secondaries? I.E has it spread or static in the one gland?

No idea...only noticed tonight....will give vets a call tomorrow see what they say!
holly100;4532888

vets cant do anything for it birdyboy - we had one couple of years ago … vets cant do anything for it birdyboy - we had one couple of years ago same thing - save your money and just let it live out its life vets consultation fee - £25 - for nothing!sorry hon - i gather its the kids one - so tell them its a special hamster - think ours lived for another 4 - 6 months - good considering they only have 2 - 3 yr lifespan

I don't particulary want the gerbil to be in pain, so would rather do something about it as soon as! Did it act normal?
It ain't the kids, lol, its mine. We have 2 in total. This one is called Gordon, the other is Ramsey.:p
bitseylango;4532907

they make brilliant pets, very friendly and easy to train plus it keeps … they make brilliant pets, very friendly and easy to train plus it keeps the ma-in-law at bay

The other half wants rats...they seem kinda cool!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants