Schengen Visa Application - Travel Insurance

Found 27th May 2012
Hi,

I am applying for a schengen visa and it requires me to provide proof of travel insurance. I get complimentary travel insurance through my bank (HSBC).

Would anyone happen to know if this is enough for the application? Has anyone tried applying using the travel insurance provided as part of your bank account? I think some other banks also offer this.

Thanks.

7 Comments

Yes, I know couple of friends who have done that without any issue. Go ahead!!!!!

Original Poster

asdrewqaddree

Yes, I know couple of friends who have done that without any issue. Go … Yes, I know couple of friends who have done that without any issue. Go ahead!!!!!

Thanks mate! The document that HSBC gave me is a standard document, and does not mention my name on it as being covered by the policy. I assume that is still ok?

I would be careful, was in the visa centre in London a few weeks ago, the unlucky lady in front of me had insurance but it did not say exactly when the policy was valid for and did not have her name on it. She was refused a visa for this reason.

They are quite strict.
Edited by: "mario999" 27th May 2012

phone your bank

Hi,
I am in the same situation as well. I have an advance customer account with HSBC. I am applying for schegen visa next week and HSBC says they can only provide a letter saying I am covered and a standard booklet with the terms and conditions.

Can you please advise if you manage to get your visa approved with the standard letter HSBC provides.

Thanks

If that is a short trip, I would still purchase cheapest insurance for visa application. If you don't have a proper insurance, some of the embassies provide access to purchase an insurance from the premises. It would be an expensive purchase then.

If you phone your bank they should be able to give you a policy number - I know Barclays do.
Post a comment
@
    Text