Schengen Visa Application - Travel Insurance

Found 7th Mar
Hi,

I am applying for a schengen visa and it requires me to provide proof of travel insurance. I get complimentary travel insurance through my bank (HSBC).

Would anyone happen to know if this is enough for the application? Has anyone tried applying using the travel insurance provided as part of your bank account? I think some other banks also offer this.

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
7 Comments
Contact the bank and ask them directly.
That's what I would do.
That way you will get an official response.
Original Poster
they will not comment whether travel insurance will be sufficient for visa.
If anyone has used this before then it will be more comforting.
isnt shengen a european zone? why do you need a visa?
mattsk21 m ago

isnt shengen a european zone? why do you need a visa?

OP probably not an EU passport holder perhaps?

Could be an Indian national etc
Great. I love travel and visas. Is there a list of criteria for acceptable travel insurance or perhaps a contact number for the visa helpdesk...maybe ask them? Good luck.
dhanepud4 h, 16 m ago

they will not comment whether travel insurance will be sufficient for …they will not comment whether travel insurance will be sufficient for visa. If anyone has used this before then it will be more comforting.

How do you know that? They must have a customer service dedicated to their insurance services. I worked in the insurance branch of a bank and we would answer stuff like that.
If they can't reply I'd contact the body that deals with the visa processing.
You can contact the Home Office so I suppose you can contact that too.
I'd rather wait and have an official reply than ask people online and not be 100% sure.
Edited by: "hearts22" 7th Mar
I had a look at the travel insurance requirements and I bet an insurance that is free with a bank account will have limitations that will make it unsuitable.

Like I said, best to check with either the insurer or the body that deals with the visa application.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions