Groups

School age child out of country for 12 weeks...

Bit random but here goes

Is anyone aware of a rule/law that if a school age child (6 year old) is out of the country for 12 weeks or more, he has to undergo a medical examination before being readmitted to school?

15 Comments

Can't be true because children of folk moving into country don't have to do this.

dont think so

were you in mexico?

Never heard of it.

so whats the story begind this question?

are you in the english education system?

Original Poster

blackpeppa;6181084

were you in mexico?

lol no! tbh I think the school made it up but they claim he has to be tested for things like TB before starting....

Original Poster

blackpeppa;6181108

so whats the story begind this question?are you in the english education … so whats the story begind this question?are you in the english education system?

my younger brother (6 years old) was abroad for 12 weeks exactly (our dad works abroad). Now he's back and the school said he needs to undergo a medical examination and have some tests done before resuming school tomorrow

paperclip;6181138

my younger brother (6 years old) was abroad for 12 weeks exactly (our dad … my younger brother (6 years old) was abroad for 12 weeks exactly (our dad works abroad). Now he's back and the school said he needs to undergo a medical examination and have some tests done before resuming school tomorrow

which country was he in ?

paperclip;6181138

my younger brother (6 years old) was abroad for 12 weeks exactly (our dad … my younger brother (6 years old) was abroad for 12 weeks exactly (our dad works abroad). Now he's back and the school said he needs to undergo a medical examination and have some tests done before resuming school tomorrow

do you think the school is trying to p*** you off, cos they have filled the place, and so you won't send him back?

Banned

as already said, what country and im surprised the school havent applied a fine, thought you where only allowed 10 days off school

Original Poster

he was in dubai, like I said dad works there so he relocated temoporarily with my mum (i.e. went to school there and everything). the 10 day thing is for holidays during term time

school say he's still got a place, just needs health clearance before starting again

paperclip;6181302

he was in dubai, like I said dad works there so he relocated temoporarily … he was in dubai, like I said dad works there so he relocated temoporarily with my mum (i.e. went to school there and everything). the 10 day thing is for holidays during term timeschool say he's still got a place, just needs health clearance before starting again

so take him to docs x x

no big deal?

Banned

paperclip;6181302

he was in dubai, like I said dad works there so he relocated temoporarily … he was in dubai, like I said dad works there so he relocated temoporarily with my mum (i.e. went to school there and everything). the 10 day thing is for holidays during term timeschool say he's still got a place, just needs health clearance before starting again

probably because of all this swine flu malarky :w00t:

paperclip;6181302

so if he went to school there, has he still got his school place here? or is he in private education?

Original Poster

it was all coordinated with the school here and there. he was taken off the roll here and re-registered today.

he is going to docs, its not a problem, just wondering why. the school made it sound like a legal requirement and I was interested to know the reason behind it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions