Expired

School - Gifts for the elderly community

Found 17th Dec 2017
hello,

Seeing as this site has lots of thrifty people, I would like some help. My son's school has asked for donations for the elderly in our community that may not recieve a present and I have no idea what to get? I would like to spend say £3 but don't want to buy just a dove gift set or lynx set so is there any other ideas someone could think of? I want to do a few so don't want to spend too much on one!

Thanks Lou
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
old Spice or brut for the gents and fancy talc for the ladies!
My initial thought was something useful. How about this amazon.co.uk/TAO…ner
I am neither elderly nor do I have dexterity problems, but I still struggle to open jars and bottles.
Morrisons were doing mixed boxes of border biscuits £3 each or 2 for £5. I thought they looked really good. Not too big for one person on their own but definitely big enough to be a nice gift.
For the elderly, consider that some would struggle to eat the crunchy biscuits (dentures) so maybe fudge. Or if you are near a bookstore/Charity Shop books of bygone days are popular. Tourist Information shops are usually good for these too.
When our school does this the "homemade" things are well received too. Picture frames, Calandars etc.
Maybe some nice gloves or scarves?or slippers would be nice cheap gifts to buy?
Word search books, a fancy tin of tea or biscuits would probably go down well, though my 93 year old friend was pleased to get a bottle of brandy and a new cigarette lighter. Just think what you would be happy to receive, then you'll not go far wrong.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants