Groups

school health and safety gone mad

today i sent my 8 year old son to school with one of those mini cans of pop (5 for £1) you know the ones in his packed lunch, he has informed me that his teacher has told him to tell us that he cant have them again as they have sharp edges, i have told him to tell her that i decide what is safe for my kids not her, if they were that dangerous surley they would have an age on them. am i right or should i just do as she said .

25 Comments

I had the same but that was years ago, would not allow any cans at the school, only plstic bottles - so I dont think its a new thing cause daughter is 18 now

It's silly but they have to cover themselves. Either way i wouldn't send your child with a message like that maybe call her.

Original Poster

octobergirl;2427595

I had the same but that was years ago, would not allow any cans at the … I had the same but that was years ago, would not allow any cans at the school, only plstic bottles - so I dont think its a new thing cause daughter is 18 now

they wont even allow plastic bottles as the kids can choke on the lids

Original Poster

dmissy13;2427603

It's silly but they have to cover themselves. Either way i wouldn't send … It's silly but they have to cover themselves. Either way i wouldn't send your child with a message like that maybe call her.

more injuries are caused in the play ground than the dinner hall, whats next stopping the kids from playing out

I send a kiddies cup with juice in for my little girl. One of those ones with a screw lid and a spout

cotton wool .kids will grow up without any street sense or anything

pinkkitty2007;2427625

I send a kiddies cup with juice in for my little girl. One of those ones … I send a kiddies cup with juice in for my little girl. One of those ones with a screw lid and a spout

You didn't want to do that, they'll take somebody's eye out with it!!!!

pinkkitty2007;2427625

I send a kiddies cup with juice in for my little girl. One of those ones … I send a kiddies cup with juice in for my little girl. One of those ones with a screw lid and a spout

Shengis;2427661

You didn't want to do that, they'll take somebody's eye out with it!!!!

Not only someones eye, I remember the A team they would have taken on an army of afgan Fighters with that

csamual;2427641

cotton wool .kids will grow up without any street sense or anything

i hate cotton wool kids but you have to blame their parents for that

Original Poster

bigbob909;2427676

blame the bloody teachers

They have stupid local rules like this at our school but my daughter who is seven manged to cut the very tip of her thumb off at school with a pair of scissors during an arts and crafts session whilst in School, would I be wrong to take that further and if so who too? This was around an hour before she was collected at the end of the school day, then they criticised my ex for not taking her to hospital with it when all it needed was disinfecting and covering to protect it (it wasnt that bad at all - its just the whole principal of it, 1 having scissors that can do that damage and 2 saying she should have been took to hospital - if it was that bad why didnt they cointact one of us to collect her?)

Banned

ding;2427683

government actually, they lay down the health and safety laws

bigbob909;2427676

ding;2427683

lumoruk;2427689

:-D and the rest

i agree it is daft. i dont agree that you would send a message like that with an 8 yr old child.

why not you write the note for him to give that way he wont get into trouble for being rude.

Original Poster

lumoruk;2427689

they lay down the guidelines the teachers dont use any commonsence

Original Poster

jennie-jack;2427706

i agree it is daft. i dont agree that you would send a message like that … i agree it is daft. i dont agree that you would send a message like that with an 8 yr old child.why not you write the note for him to give that way he wont get into trouble for being rude.

good point its best not to involve him in my dispute:thumbsup:

tell your son to hit the teacher
    that'll shut her up lol

Original Poster

bigbob909;2427714

tell your son to hit the teacher that'll shut her up lol

sounds like a good idea :whistling:

imortal;2427672

Not only someones eye, I remember the A team they would have taken on an … Not only someones eye, I remember the A team they would have taken on an army of afgan Fighters with that

Just imagine the havoc that would ensue if both the A-Team and MacGyver got their hands on them then:shock:

:giggle:

bigbob909;2427714

tell your son to hit the teacher that'll shut her up lol

ding;2427720

sounds like a good idea :whistling:

Just throw all the 5 cans at the teacher (i bet they wouldnt expect that)

But then again your kid might get deported to Alcatraz forever

Original Poster

imortal;2427734

Just throw all the 5 cans at the teacher (i bet they wouldnt expect that) … Just throw all the 5 cans at the teacher (i bet they wouldnt expect that) But then again your kid might get deported to Alcatraz forever

the A-Team and MacGyver could bust him out with baby cup weapons

ding;2427742

http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/rofl.gif

ding;2427742

Oh the humanity!!!

:lol:

The world is going health and safety and political correctness mad, I'm with you on this one.

But you should either send a letter or speak to the teacher yourself really rather than via your son.

Do a FOI (Freedom of Information) and ask for the number of drinks cans related accidents they have had in the last 5 years, they have to respond in 2 weeks without fail. It will probably be very very low and then use that as your defense of such a pathetic rule.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944490
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      4. love affairs1547

See more discussions