Groups

school shoes - advice please

Hi
    I'm looking to buy some school shoes for my little one who starts school. I just wanted to know if it's worth paying extra for clarks or are there others that are just as good such as deichmann shoes?

Thanks

15 Comments

No, just get soft black pumps is best for growing feet and your pocket.

No Clarks are awful. The best ones we have ever bought are Geox, they are well worth the money imo and have taken a right hammering, Im definitely buying Geox again.

I believe fitted shoes are best for growing feet. Although 78 for my two boys was pretty hard on the wallet.
    You could always get your child's feet measured and then source a pair of shoes. Depends on your budget as lots of places do nice shoes.

may I add, the styles of Clarkes and geox etc often have toe protectors which are much needed!!
    The ladies in the shop the other day said they'd never known it so quiet as people are buying online. They did say though that with shoes it's like clothes, you could have 3 styles of shoe all the same size and they would all fit differently.

Clarks every time, if you have a Brantanno they do Clarks at a discount.

Whatever you go for, make sure they fit correctly. In my opinion, shoes are something I never go cheap on - you spend most of your day in them and when it comes to kids, it will affect posture etc.

Original Poster

Thanks. I just checked brantanno and they have £10 off £30 spend. So I need to get little one measured first then I'll order online.

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

No Clarks are awful. The best ones we have ever bought are Geox, they are … No Clarks are awful. The best ones we have ever bought are Geox, they are well worth the money imo and have taken a right hammering, Im definitely buying Geox again.

​Which shops do fittings for geox? John Lewis came up when I googled.

try a clarks factory shop although prices vary in them. The one in woolwich had buy 2 pairs for £30 but when I went Birmingham one stop this week the same pair in another clarks factory shop were £27! full price I think they were £44

avoid deichmann their shoes last one term before falling apart.

I would go cheap, daughter had Clarke ones before and they did not last a year. Sainsburys do them for about £16 (real leather). They've got 25% off this weekend to.

Startrite are also good see click here, but Clarks are great kids are tough on their shoes and Clarks do not fall apart

Hi, I get mine from meeksshoes.co.uk I find paying for quality last longer, free delivery too

I get my kids clarkes ones from the outlet online. You can order a foot measurer from clarkes and if you c&c they can do a proper fitting when you pick them up (the staff at my local one just volunteer when you collect)

Original Poster

mumtotwo222

I get my kids clarkes ones from the outlet online. You can order a foot … I get my kids clarkes ones from the outlet online. You can order a foot measurer from clarkes and if you c&c they can do a proper fitting when you pick them up (the staff at my local one just volunteer when you collect)

​I can only see adults online.. Unless I'm looking on the wrong site?

Argoj

Clarks every time, if you have a Brantanno they do Clarks at a discount.

I agree with this, I get them measured at clarks then order online from Brantano with a discount code
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
      2. Biscuit addiction1954
      3. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?11
      4. Car park fine UKPC1520

See more discussions