Garforth Green Lane Primary School
Meadowfield Primary School
Ninelands Primary School
Our Lady of Good Counsel RC Primary School
St Benedict's RC Primary School
St Margaret's C of E Primary School
Strawberry Fields Primary School
Thorpe Primary School

this list will be updated as th night goes on....and all schools in Bradford have ruled to stay closed on tuesday....so thats a blanket closure.
More will also be added on tuesday morning!

11 Comments

cold for me

Original Poster

skusey;4261740

cold for me

why?

Floravada;4261756

why?

Coz its snowing loooooool!!

why do they close schools but never other establishments!!!??

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4261788

Not all schools in Bradford are closed actually they have that wrong!

Tuesday school closures: Complete shutdown in Bradford

The scene near Bingley this morning
A dog walker on a street as heavy snowfall hits the UK
Click on thumbnail to view image

« Previous
« Previous
Next »
Next »
View Gallery
ADVERTISEMENT
Published Date: 02 February 2009
YORKSHIRE'S schools face a second day of disruption on Tuesday with Bradford becoming the first council to aoounce a total closedown.
Tony Reeves, chief executive of Bradford Council, said: "Given the very severe weather forecast for tomorrow and after consultation with headteachers, all Bradford schools will be closed (on Tuesday).

"It is in the best interests of both children and parents to ensure their safety and to allow parents to make child care arrangements, including informing their employers where necessary. It is schools being closed at short notice which causes most disruption to residents and the economy."

A total of 54 schools were closed on Monday across North Yorkshire and 30 closures were in place in the East Riding area.

There were 52 schools closed in the Bradford area and 41 across Leeds.
Hull and York had just two closures each, while three schools were closed in Doncaster. Latest travel info with traffic cams »

We have been advised that the following schools are closed on TUESDAY. The list will be updated as we receive new information: Is your school affected? Click here to let us know

BRADFORD

All schools

ALL Schools in Birmingham and Solihull will be closed tomorrow ]http//ww…tml

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4261927

They are not all shut in Bradford because my mum was told she had to go … They are not all shut in Bradford because my mum was told she had to go in or she won't be paid by the head. The head said they have to go in or she's docking wages.

so is she disobeying bradford city council then ?

Tony Reeves, chief executive of Bradford Council, said: "Given the very severe weather forecast for tomorrow and after consultation with headteachers, all Bradford schools will be closed (on Tuesday).

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4262165

Yeah she is, my mum is only doing supply tomorrow, so wouldn't expect to … Yeah she is, my mum is only doing supply tomorrow, so wouldn't expect to be paid if she didn't go in, but the head told the secretary that she will dock the normal teachers wages if they don't go in aswell, unless a road is blocked for them, but all local teachers have to go in. Even though most the kids will check the bbc website and see all Bradford schools are shut and not turn up.

oh right !! and which school is this then ?

dcx_badass;4262452

My old primary school, such a horrible place!

you talk complete rubbish... if your mum wasnt just a suplly teacher she would know more about the situation. My mum is the deputy head and she and the head have been told by the council that the schools are closed and their is no need for the children to come to school however if the head and deputy want the teachers to go to school then they can ask the teaachers to attend school as normal. So actually yes the schools are closed to pupils which is what the user is telling people however it is up to the head and deputy head whether or not the teachers are to attend school that day :thumbsup:
Edited by moderator: "." 30th Apr 2012

Is longcroft peforming arts college closed tomorrow?

How do you find out as our school tell us to check the local radio station website which is down and the Lancashire County Council one is useless - they update it at 4pm!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch23
    2. Quidco Snow me the money Competition841125
    3. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117055
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 45 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions