Groups

scotland and independence ?

your views ?

crack open the scotch and share yae views! och aye

89 Comments

an where div ye hink eer fri?

Banned

i'm not scottish and dont give a rats

The amount of English tax payers money that heads across the border to support the Scottish in benefit payments is ridiculous.

Yes give them independence, but in every way. They can not sustain themselves financially, and our English exports of cheap larger would rocket..

Vote Cameron for Change... Bring Cameron on to fix this broken Britain, and cut off Scotland if he wants.

arse????????

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;6601016

an where div ye hink eer fri?

aye, independence wee hagiss

I also don't understand why Scottish people are so paranoid and always feel they have to spoil the fun of others...
    http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mly0711l.jpg

Original Poster

Chiptivo;6601025

The amount of English tax payers money that heads across the border to … The amount of English tax payers money that heads across the border to support the Scottish in benefit payments is ridiculous.Yes give them independence, but in every way. They can not sustain themselves financially, and our English exports of cheap larger would rocket..Vote Cameron for Change... Bring Cameron on to fix this broken Britain, and cut off Scotland if he wants.

but the crude my friend - its on their shores

Chiptivo;6601025

The amount of English tax payers money that heads across the border to … The amount of English tax payers money that heads across the border to support the Scottish in benefit payments is ridiculous.Yes give them independence, but in every way. They can not sustain themselves financially, and our English exports of cheap larger would rocket..Vote Cameron for Change... Bring Cameron on to fix this broken Britain, and cut off Scotland if he wants.

Yeah, and watch the price of oil in England soar :whistling:

rugger-tyke;6601040

but the crude my friend - its on their shores

No, it is the North Sea, which is off shore, and does not belong to Scotland... Would you go on a rig build by people from Glasgow???

Scottish people don't like the idea of the Mighty Cameron coming to fix our broken Britain, most scottish blokes prefer the brown.

Will you STOP calling it BROKEN BRITAIN!

dontdothatagain;6601058

Will you STOP calling it BROKEN BRITAIN!

I will after Cameron fixes it.

Supermod

David Cameron is a smug, arrogant idiot.

If Scotland had been independant a couple of years ago, they would be bankrupt now. RBS would have collapsed like an Icelandic bank if the Government hadn't stepped in to bail it out. If RBS had gone, Scotland would have been up the creek - an independant Scotland woulddn't have been able to shore the bank up. Yet Alex Salmond and Co still go on about how thye want to be free of the English etc - yet the Scots economy is dependant on money from the south. Hell, in times of crisis we need each other; we should be trying to stick together to ride out the recession not split up.

Q-Tec;6601068

If Scotland had been independant a couple of years ago, they would be … If Scotland had been independant a couple of years ago, they would be bankrupt now. RBS would have collapsed like an Icelandic bank if the Government hadn't stepped in to bail it out. If RBS had gone, Scotland would have been up the creek. Yet Alex Salmond and Co still go on about how thye want to be free of the English etc - yet the Scots economy is dependant on money from the south. Hell, in times of crisis we need each other; we should be trying to stick together to ride out the recession not split up.

true bud

Chiptivo;6601053

No, it is the North Sea, which is off shore, and does not belong to … No, it is the North Sea, which is off shore, and does not belong to Scotland... Would you go on a rig build by people from Glasgow???Scottish people don't like the idea of the Mighty Cameron coming to fix our broken Britain, most scottish blokes prefer the brown.

I'd just like to point out that most scottish blokes don't actually prefer brown they prefer salmond.:thumbsup:

magicjay1986;6601066

+1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6601066

he's a clone of the shyster blair

magicjay1986;6601066

Really, I think he has a good balance of what the country needs, and is open and honest about it...

I am so optimistic about the change, and what he and his party will bring. We need to desperately bring out debt down, as the interest payments alone are more than the total spending is on schools and collages in this country... Imagine if we did not have this massive debt we could afford to spend more on things that are needed, and give us something back to spend on ourselfs, in return, helping the economy.

Supermod

dontdothatagain;6601084

+1 :thumbsup:

Really cannot stand him. I wish him and The Sun newspaper would just get lost. Convenience much that they are now hold eachothers hand?

An example of the poor, poor writing that The Sun offers...

"Fan batters Leona Lewis.." - one punch to the ear/face doesnt constitute a battering.

ants97;6601075

I'd just like to point out that most scottish blokes don't actually … I'd just like to point out that most scottish blokes don't actually prefer brown they prefer salmond.:thumbsup:

Not in the east end of glasgow they dont ;-)

Supermod

rugger-tyke;6601093

he's a clone of the shyster blair

Blair is INCREDIBLY intelligent. I didnt really take much notice of his stint in charge. When you arent of the required voting age then it usually doesnt appeal to you.

Chiptivo;6601064

I will after Cameron fixes it.

You really think so? Well, you vote for higher taxes, and MORE poverty in Britain then. You then come back here and tell me that Cameron has fixed Britain. I will be sitting here smug, remembering I told you that your taxes would go through the roof as well and un-employment rockets to boot! :thumbsup:

Supermod

Chiptivo;6601096

Really, I think he has a good balance of what the country needs, and is … Really, I think he has a good balance of what the country needs, and is open and honest about it...I am so optimistic about the change, and what he and his party will bring. We need to desperately bring out debt down, as the interest payments alone are more than the total spending is on schools and collages in this country... Imagine if we did not have this massive debt we could afford to spend more on things that are needed, and give us something back to spend on ourselfs, in return, helping the economy.

Bringing debt down is good. If Cameron was PM during this recession he would be 2nd favourite at the next general election. What people dont actually realise is that this is a world crisis and not just a UK crisis.

I feel for Brown. Just think, if he can put up with this pressure through a badly prepared for recession then when the times are good he and his party will come good.

magicjay1986;6601100

Really cannot stand him. I wish him and The Sun newspaper would just get … Really cannot stand him. I wish him and The Sun newspaper would just get lost. Convenience much that they are now hold eachothers hand? An example of the poor, poor writing that The Sun offers..."Fan batters Leona Lewis.." - one punch to the ear/face doesnt constitute a battering.

true i hate how the media take things so far and also hate more the simpletons who believe it
    p.s not just the sun but media and people in general

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6601107

Blair is INCREDIBLY intelligent. I didnt really take much notice of his … Blair is INCREDIBLY intelligent. I didnt really take much notice of his stint in charge. When you arent of the required voting age then it usually doesnt appeal to you.

this cameron's 'intelligent' - enough to fool the public. both one and the same

waterloo;6601102

Not in the east end of glasgow they dont ;-)

yes they do:thumbsup:

independent.co.uk/new…tml

magicjay1986;6601100

Really cannot stand him. I wish him and The Sun newspaper would just get … Really cannot stand him. I wish him and The Sun newspaper would just get lost. Convenience much that they are now hold eachothers hand? An example of the poor, poor writing that The Sun offers..."Fan batters Leona Lewis.." - one punch to the ear/face doesnt constitute a battering.

He is a prime example of the old tories. Tax hikes HERE WE COME!! Thanks to all you stupid people who vote for him and his party in the next election, WE WILL ALL BE PAYING HIGH TAXES! And by then, I'll be paying tax too!

dontdothatagain;6601116

You really think so? Well, you vote for higher taxes, and MORE poverty in … You really think so? Well, you vote for higher taxes, and MORE poverty in Britain then. You then come back here and tell me that Cameron has fixed Britain. I will be sitting here smug, remembering I told you that your taxes would go through the roof as well and un-employment rockets to boot! :thumbsup:

I would be happy to pay more taxes in the short term to get us out of this mess. I don't believe in Debt, I believe in saving up to afford to buy something. Hence no crappy interest payments.

We have no reason to see any poverty in this country, don't feel sorry for the homeless, it is the councils obligation to house these people, most homeless people I know CHOOSE to be homesless....

I think the definition of poverty of a council house is if the Flat Screen Telly they have is less than 42"

Supermod

rugger-tyke;6601126

this cameron's 'intelligent' - enough to fool the public. both one and … this cameron's 'intelligent' - enough to fool the public. both one and the same

Blair was highly respected amongst his peers.

I dont know...I would love to see Labour stay in. If we were not in a recession I would be confident of this. As it is, I am not.

ants97;6601130

yes they … yes they do:thumbsup:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/glasgow-byelection-disaster-for-brown-877025.html

I was on about the other brown

Chiptivo;6601146

I would be happy to pay more taxes in the short term to get us out of … I would be happy to pay more taxes in the short term to get us out of this mess. I don't believe in Debt, I believe in saving up to afford to buy something. Hence no crappy interest payments.We have no reason to see any poverty in this country, don't feel sorry for the homeless, it is the councils obligation to house these people, most homeless people I know CHOOSE to be homesless....I think the definition of poverty of a council house is if the Flat Screen Telly they have is less than 42"

most people u know choose to be homeless
    dont thinksle pal lol

Chiptivo;6601146

I would be happy to pay more taxes in the short term to get us out of … I would be happy to pay more taxes in the short term to get us out of this mess. I don't believe in Debt, I believe in saving up to afford to buy something. Hence no crappy interest payments.We have no reason to see any poverty in this country, don't feel sorry for the homeless, it is the councils obligation to house these people, most homeless people I know CHOOSE to be homesless....I think the definition of poverty of a council house is if the Flat Screen Telly they have is less than 42"

What I mean by poverty is, people who are STRUGGLING NOW, what will they be like after tax hikes? Not everyone is in a good enough paid job to afford the tax hikes. I for one (once I'm able to) will most certainly be voting Labour. At least that way, I know that taxes won't be increased at the rate they would be by the tories!

dontdothatagain;6601133

He is a prime example of the old tories. Tax hikes HERE WE COME!! Thanks … He is a prime example of the old tories. Tax hikes HERE WE COME!! Thanks to all you stupid people who vote for him and his party in the next election, WE WILL ALL BE PAYING HIGH TAXES! And by then, I'll be paying tax too!

The current tax burden is higher than when the Conservatives were last in power, we have taxes all over the place, and our debt is higher, to be honest it is silly high and right out of control.

You may have to pay more taxes in the short term to lower the national debt the current labour party have let get out of control..... Someone has to pay up for the mess the country is in.

magicjay1986;6601150

Blair was highly respected amongst his peers. I dont know...I would love … Blair was highly respected amongst his peers. I dont know...I would love to see Labour stay in. If we were not in a recession I would be confident of this. As it is, I am not.

+1

Chiptivo;6601165

The current tax burden is higher than when the Conservatives were last in … The current tax burden is higher than when the Conservatives were last in power, we have taxes all over the place, and our debt is higher, to be honest it is silly high and right out of control.You may have to pay more taxes in the short term to lower the national debt the current labour party have let get out of control..... Someone has to pay up for the mess the country is in.

Sorry, once the tories put the tax UP, it won't come down for at least a decade, maybe even two! Thats not what I call "paying for our debt", I call that "being ripped off by people in power".

waterloo;6601154

I was on about the other brown

lol the thought had crossed my mind, I forgot what forum I was on. I should've come back with something about prefering the pink or something.:-D

Supermod

Chiptivo;6601146

I certainly wouldnt be happier to pay more taxes? Why should the employed have to pump MORE money in to the economy. Jobs need to be created, more help to local businesses which would also create jobs. I know this is an outrageous statement and I would elaborate to make it more feasible but its tired and I cannot be bothered.

I work hard and pay my taxes. Why should I then have to pay for my prescriptions etc. I know many people on benefits and dont begrudge them. Benefits are there for a reason but they are being abused too often. I have genuinely reported about 15 people in the past 6 months who have told me (or a friend) that they claim single occupancy etc and have their partners living with them. Scum.

Anyway, will pick this up in the morning if the thread (and other opinion) is still available.

Supermod

dontdothatagain;6601166

+1

Original Poster

many of the reasons britain's been so badly affected, can be traced back to the tories . .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet28
      2. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD49
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?36
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …69

See more discussions