Expired

Scotland, Glasgow Stay

Found 21st Jul
Hey,

I will be visiting Glasgow in a few weeks time for a couple of days.

Any recommendation for staying either in a caravan or a hotel? what's cheaper or better for a family. If so where to look online for booking?

As there will be four of us going for a family trip.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I've stayed in a place called Seton Guest House. They have family rooms (double and two twins) etc and are well reviewed on booking.com. Satyed with them for work and I had the family room for a few days and it was incredibly cheap and very decent.

Euro hostel at the bottom of the town, clyde street. Cheap and in a great location. I'm no sure about caravans, may be better to go out the city, you'll find better places.
eurohostels.co.uk/gla…gow
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 21st Jul
I live in Glasgow but I’m from Edinburgh originally so not very helpful with ideas for caravans but there are so many hotels here I am sure you will find something that suits. Check the likes of Village Hotel. Also if you have Facebook there is a local group called ‘help what am I going to do today’ If you ask on there I am sure you will get lots of ideas on where to stay and things to do. The Edinburgh festival is on during August if you fancy a trip there one day too, it’s a great atmosphere. (Edited to add... I don’t mean stay in Edinburgh as during the festival a lot of places are fully booked and very expensive but the train from Glasgow takes less than an hour if it’s something that interests you and with an off peak day return kids go free with an adult ticket if aged 5-15 (under 5’s are free anyway)
Edited by: "MiniMissyMoo" 21st Jul
Just to add, I also live in glasgow and do tour's as a coach driver (around scotland) if you want to know anything feel free to pm me. I hope you enjoy your stay in glasgow. I 2nd what minimissymoo says about Edinburgh, it's a beautiful city and you'll love it.
STRICKIBHOY2 h, 46 m ago

Euro hostel at the bottom of the town, clyde street. Cheap and in a great …Euro hostel at the bottom of the town, clyde street. Cheap and in a great location. I'm no sure about caravans, may be better to go out the city, you'll find better places.https://www.eurohostels.co.uk/glasgow

Cheap, top location, but very noisy. Luckily I was, too shattered to care

Paid £20 a night. On suite shower/toilet. I'd use again just for the cost. Also allowed me print off airline tickets.
argyllwestern.co.uk/ Four of us stayed in this hotel and it was great. Comfy, friendly, clean and cheap. If you can get a good price ( I suppose it depends on dates) it would be my first choice, every time. It's right beside the Botanic Gardens, and the stop for the hop on tour bus which takes you to loads of interesting places - Kelvinhall, the Peoples' Palace, Transport Museum, Science Museum, 3D cinema, central attractions, shops etc. Opposite is Oran Mor music venue/restaurant/pub, and Byres Road with all its trendy places (and a great chip shop, open late).
aninginaneana4 h, 10 m ago

http://www.argyllwestern.co.uk/ Four of us stayed in this hotel and it was …http://www.argyllwestern.co.uk/ Four of us stayed in this hotel and it was great. Comfy, friendly, clean and cheap. If you can get a good price ( I suppose it depends on dates) it would be my first choice, every time. It's right beside the Botanic Gardens, and the stop for the hop on tour bus which takes you to loads of interesting places - Kelvinhall, the Peoples' Palace, Transport Museum, Science Museum, 3D cinema, central attractions, shops etc. Opposite is Oran Mor music venue/restaurant/pub, and Byres Road with all its trendy places (and a great chip shop, open late).

Don't forget the Ubiquitous Chip (if it's still there off top end of Byres Road) & Papyrus - great gift shop.
MIDURIX21st Jul

I've stayed in a place called Seton Guest House. They have family rooms …I've stayed in a place called Seton Guest House. They have family rooms (double and two twins) etc and are well reviewed on booking.com. Satyed with them for work and I had the family room for a few days and it was incredibly cheap and very decent.

Thanks mate! Will check them out through booking.com
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants