Found 25th May 2011
Nations cup game tonight and Scotland are expected to make light work of Wales (according to goals.com) but I feel a little uneasy when things like that are said as I think it tends to JInx us.

Anyone having a flutter? Other games in competition have all gone over 2.5 goals so I'm tempted to double that with a Scotland win.

Who would England fans like to see win out of the two nations or could you really not care less?

1. Misc
  2. Scotland
38 Comments

think i agree with you, scotland win and over 2.5 goals, wales are terrible currently, with a terrible manager (coming from a newcastle fan)

I'm watching this at the pub tonight! Going to the George IV Pub on Chiswick High Road, London - seat's reserved, so I can't wait for the pitchers of beer to come out with the pub grub! X) lol

Original Poster

Hmm, can't put that double on with bet365. Saying as I'm not lucky enough to be watching it in a pub with pitchers (cocktail ones for me) and grub, I'll just wait and bet in play, hope to grab a few good prices.

This whole competition is a bit of a joke. Never thought we'd hammer N.I. 5-0 and I wouldn't particularly care. The timing of these games as well is terrible

JonnyIrish

The timing of these games as well is terrible

Yep but at least the hangover tomorrow will help you through the rest of the working week! X) lol

Original Poster

Agree about the timing of the competition but I think it's a good idea for a trophy. Something for the smaller nations, I just think more should be included.

Looks like it'll be a ROI - Scotland decider, can see Scotland winning fairly comfortably tonight. With the way goal difference is a draw against you would probably do us. Many Scots heading over for it?

Original Poster

Scots heading to the drinking capital of the world? Can't see that happening! ha ha

TBH, with it being mid-week I don't imagine there will be much of a crowd, hopefully that means less chance of them singing doe-a-deer though.

Hissy Miss

Scots heading to the drinking capital of the world? Can't see that … Scots heading to the drinking capital of the world? Can't see that happening! ha haTBH, with it being mid-week I don't imagine there will be much of a crowd, hopefully that means less chance of them singing doe-a-deer though.

Just for you Hissy!

YouTube - Doe-a-Deer, Italy v Scotland, Bari
Embedded Link

Original Poster

ha ha thanks, I managed to watch about 20 seconds before the cringe factor took over.

Are you likely to erupt into a chorus after a few?

Hissy Miss

Scots heading to the drinking capital of the world? Can't see that … Scots heading to the drinking capital of the world? Can't see that happening! ha haTBH, with it being mid-week I don't imagine there will be much of a crowd, hopefully that means less chance of them singing doe-a-deer though.

Surely better than singing, Gawd save oor gwacious queeeennn!!!

Original Poster

I'd love to agree but.....

Narrow win for the Scots. As a card carrying member of the tartan army, I have to agree that doe a deer is mince (love the story behind why we adopted it though). However it is better than some of the oldies such as we hat jimmy hill he's a poof and stand up if you hate England (never ever stood coz I believe you support your team and not hate your rivals). Cmon Scotland.

Original Poster

Oh please tell the origin, I've never understood why it's sung.

Got Scotland first to 3 corners but Wales already got the first...and now second

Think I'll just go for the win.

Hussy there are a few variations to the story but what is consistent is that it was first sung at an away game against Austria in the late 90's. My favourite version is that a group of drunken Scotland fans were bantering with some austrians and they decided to sing a local song. Unfortunately not being au fait with the local culture the best they could come up with was a song from a film set in Austria. the song has stuck ever since. I dread the next time we play the Germans for fear we end up with the theme from auf weidersehen pet. :0)

Wales 1 Scotland 0

C'mon the Dragon

Totally against the run of play though. Wales will have to up their game in the second half if they are to hold on to the lead. Cmon Scotland.

Original Poster

junkenstein73

Wales 1 Scotland 0 C'mon the Dragon

Just means I got better odds in play for a Scotland win.

Sorry Hissy miss. Just realised I called you Hussy earlier. I'm sure you are not. :0)

Original Poster

Ha ha I'm a shameless one so no worries.

blowbrown

Sorry Hissy miss. Just realised I called you Hussy earlier. I'm sure you … Sorry Hissy miss. Just realised I called you Hussy earlier. I'm sure you are not. :0)

X) classic!

Come on Scotland

Hope your bets come in Hissy.....glad I didn't bother!

Seconds out round two. Come on Scotland... Doe a deer a female deer ......lol

1-1

Oh yeah :0)

Original Poster

Gon yersel Kenny!!!

2-1 Scotland. Get in there.... Hissy looking good for your win bet.

Need a third to kill the game.

Original Poster

Looking even better now, got 7/2 for the win aswell cos they were 1 down.

Scotland were first to 3 corners too so looking good.

3-1 game over........

Original Poster

No counting chickens!!!

Perhaps not, but I think you can start counting winnings :0).

Game over. Enjoy your winnings Hissy. Don't spend it all in one shop.....

Banned

Thought you'd e a Republic supporter Hissy.....most of your lot are

Original Poster

Thanks, going to withdraw winnings now before I do something stupid. Saying as I got better odds than expected though I'll stick a donation in the Charlie Scene fund tomorrow and that should bring it over the grand.

Original Poster

dimebars

Thought you'd e a Republic supporter Hissy.....most of your lot are

Nah, wouldn't say most, there are a few though.I don't even think the tri-colour belongs at parkhead.

Hissy Miss

Nah, wouldn't say most, there are a few though.I don't even think the … Nah, wouldn't say most, there are a few though.I don't even think the tri-colour belongs at parkhead.

Agreed.

I'd imagine dimebars has an england top in his wardrobe.

Original Poster

..... on another note.....

44 years to the day that celtic became first british team to win European cup.

Let's all do the huddle...let's all do the huddle!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions