Scottish high schools to introduce new face covering rules - Warning

Posted 24th Aug 2020Edited by:"Willy_Wonka"
If the Scottish are doing it then it is extremely likely Boris & Co will follow suit.

So it you have kids that are going back to school on a couple of weeks then it might be in your interest to buy some face coverings now before the prices shoot through the roof again.

Comments are open on this deal, and

will be left provided they abide by our site rules. Please keep the

discussion on-topic about these facemasks, and not about Coronavirus in

general and wider issues - see our comment on this for more info. You can read official advice on using facemasks from the WHO (who.int/eme…sks) and the UK Government (gov.uk/gov…ome)
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
jase.224/08/2020 19:44

more like nicola usually follows everything boris does a few days later …more like nicola usually follows everything boris does a few days later Its also only in corridors not in classes

You need to check the announcements it’s been the other way round.
eslick24/08/2020 19:19

Yep, like everything else 3 or 4 days later there will be an announcement.

more like nicola usually follows everything boris does a few days later

Its also only in corridors not in classes
23 Comments
eslick24/08/2020 19:19

more like nicola usually follows everything boris does a few days later

Its also only in corridors not in classes

more like nicola usually follows everything boris does a few days later …more like nicola usually follows everything boris does a few days later Its also only in corridors not in classes

eslick24/08/2020 20:13

That is how I remember too. It is the Scottish take the lead & Boris & Co follows.
Only communal areas I hear. Back in March the so called experts were saying that countries that ware masks have lower infection rate so stands to reason this is a good move. Every little helps as they say. Can't do no harm. Need to get the kids back to be educated as safely as possible..

So here we go bbc.co.uk/new…372 released 2 to 3 hours later.

English headmasters now putting pressure on Boris & Co. Face masks are more than likely going to be implemented in England for the sake of teachers let alone kids.

Lol yes but normally it’s only what’s been rumoured to be going to happen here anyway, she just officially release it first. But the face masks could be to do with the school in Scotland what’s just shut with 17 teachers and 2 student all with covid19..
wayners24/08/2020 21:12

Only communal areas I hear. Back in March the so called experts were …Only communal areas I hear. Back in March the so called experts were saying that countries that ware masks have lower infection rate so stands to reason this is a good move. Every little helps as they say. Can't do no harm. Need to get the kids back to be educated as safely as possible..

It could be a good thing but then think of the hygiene of the masks coming on and off, kids have masks in corridors, someone sneezes the mask is contaminated, kids not realise take off said mask in class it is now on hand where they touch desk, chairs to spread. They all so touch their face which is done by humans 16 times an hour. The worse part is they will reuse mask and move on somewhere else. It dose not even have to be a sneeze even touching surfaces then said mask. Washing/sanitising hands helps but not perfect when you have so many people in a confined space.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer it won’t be till it’s experimented with we will know, I just hope it isn’t one of my kids..
The sooner they adopt this the better. 2 guys in my work have already had to get tested as the pupils have been confirmed to have covid. We feel it's a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of time before we all get it.
Just for clarification, I'm a coach driver and we do schools as there's little to no tours just now. There's no social distancing on school buses. During lockdown I like to think I was careful and didn't take or put anyone at risk, but now I'm nervous being honest.
Bargainhead25/08/2020 05:42

Lol yes but normally it’s only what’s been rumoured to be going to happen h …Lol yes but normally it’s only what’s been rumoured to be going to happen here anyway, she just officially release it first. But the face masks could be to do with the school in Scotland what’s just shut with 17 teachers and 2 student all with covid19..

The school in Dundee (Kingspark) is a school for kids with additional needs - because of this there is an increased number of staff who require close contact with the kids. In addition, it also means a higher proportion of people on site are adults. The local paper has an article about it - thecourier.co.uk/fp/…rt/
alg25/08/2020 08:57

The school in Dundee (Kingspark) is a school for kids with additional …The school in Dundee (Kingspark) is a school for kids with additional needs - because of this there is an increased number of staff who require close contact with the kids. In addition, it also means a higher proportion of people on site are adults. The local paper has an article about it - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/schools/1531741/dundee-school-coronavirus-outbreak-may-be-due-to-special-circumstances-according-to-diseases-expert/

Still a school, if you have children are you happy to send back? What If it’s your child what is the 1% who catches it or worse.

Hopefully the masks will be made compulsory all over, not that I think they will help much. You can’t social distance at school..
Bargainhead25/08/2020 09:22

Still a school, if you have children are you happy to send back? What If …Still a school, if you have children are you happy to send back? What If it’s your child what is the 1% who catches it or worse. Hopefully the masks will be made compulsory all over, not that I think they will help much. You can’t social distance at school..

My youngest child has been back at school full time since last Monday, thanks.

We are happy with the measures that have been put in place, in the school itself, and in the transport provided to get them there - and they have now confirmed Scottish secondary school pupils will need to wear face coverings from next Monday. However, in our case, we imagine they will get an exemption due to additional needs.

You can never protect from all diseases and infections - all you can do is the best you can until such time a 100% reliable vaccine is provided, with no side effects for any additional health issues people may have.
And there we have it

news.sky.com/sto…671

Masks in English schools now compulsary.
Willy_Wonka25/08/2020 21:46

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53907035 BBC link too

Different wording though to Scotland, only in lockdown areas or where heads says it’s needed, not technically a u turn though
Edited by: "eslick" 25th Aug

we are 5 for 5 at the moment in terms of likes and of course it’s not a competition but this is an interesting article from today. Nothing comes up in google about the other way round.

theguardian.com/wor…-19
eslick25/08/2020 22:47

we are 5 for 5 at the moment in terms of likes and of course it’s not a c …we are 5 for 5 at the moment in terms of likes and of course it’s not a competition but this is an interesting article from today. Nothing comes up in google about the other way round.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/25/how-england-follows-scotlands-lead-over-covid-19

What normally happens is the press say the government are going to announce something on Thursday for instance and sturgeon announces Wednesday, that’s how it has been certainly at the start..
Bargainhead26/08/2020 11:12

What normally happens is the press say the government are going to …What normally happens is the press say the government are going to announce something on Thursday for instance and sturgeon announces Wednesday, that’s how it has been certainly at the start..

How do you know that? I would say that so far the Scottish Govt seem to have a more sensible take on the whole situation than the people supposedly running government from London.

Also probably the reason that although the Scots have seen some idiots (see footballers etc), and the occasional gathering, there hasn't been anything like the number of reports on parties and gatherings coming out of England.
alg26/08/2020 11:35

How do you know that? I would say that so far the Scottish Govt seem to …How do you know that? I would say that so far the Scottish Govt seem to have a more sensible take on the whole situation than the people supposedly running government from London. Also probably the reason that although the Scots have seen some idiots (see footballers etc), and the occasional gathering, there hasn't been anything like the number of reports on parties and gatherings coming out of England.

I’m not going into who goes out and parties, or footballers. Nothing like that was in my statement. So why have you brought that into it? As for how do I know that, it’s what happened every week with announcements lol didn’t you read papers or watch the news in the beginning? Everything apart from the masks in schools, was in the papers saying it was going to be announced at the beginning and sturgeon would announce the day before, Eg to do with lockdown. which I don’t see as a problem. On the flip the like of air bridges, pubs, shops and the like opening first in England and Scotland deciding to wait. It’s not a competition it’s what’s best for each area.

If face masks save life’s that’s good, but staying at home would save more...
Looks like the warning to stick to the topic of facemasks and not to go off topic has been promptly ignored.
Bargainhead26/08/2020 12:18

Comment deleted

Appreciating this is going off topic - the alcohol item you mentioned is from several years ago. Scotland now has a minimum pricing system for alcohol, which has reduced the amount consumed, and the toughest drink driving laws in the UK are in Scotland

Drugs are a problem, but a lot of the rules regarding work round support and work with users are controlled by the UK government.

Just for the record, I am not and have never been a fan or supporter of the SNP and Scottish Independence. But I also don't agree with how many of the issues in Scotland are reported by the English press.
alg26/08/2020 14:13

Appreciating this is going off topic - the alcohol item you mentioned is …Appreciating this is going off topic - the alcohol item you mentioned is from several years ago. Scotland now has a minimum pricing system for alcohol, which has reduced the amount consumed, and the toughest drink driving laws in the UK are in ScotlandDrugs are a problem, but a lot of the rules regarding work round support and work with users are controlled by the UK government.Just for the record, I am not and have never been a fan or supporter of the SNP and Scottish Independence. But I also don't agree with how many of the issues in Scotland are reported by the English press.

The press report all nations, not just Scotland the same as the news in Scotland reports on English issues. I only brought this up as you brought the parties and footballers in to it. I know about the pricing and I enjoy Scotland a lot having worked up there and having family live there..
alg26/08/2020 14:13

Appreciating this is going off topic - the alcohol item you mentioned is …Appreciating this is going off topic - the alcohol item you mentioned is from several years ago. Scotland now has a minimum pricing system for alcohol, which has reduced the amount consumed, and the toughest drink driving laws in the UK are in ScotlandDrugs are a problem, but a lot of the rules regarding work round support and work with users are controlled by the UK government.Just for the record, I am not and have never been a fan or supporter of the SNP and Scottish Independence. But I also don't agree with how many of the issues in Scotland are reported by the English press.

yep and lots of people just buy alcohol in england and bring it back with them on trains and cars rather than be ripped off because some people cant control themselves - probably part of the reason why less has been sold here

then we have the if it moves tax it policy - now where is derek mackay hiding these days
Post a comment
@
    Text