Groups

Scottish power are *********'s...

Sorry need to rant... lol

I joined Scottish power a few months ago, they set up my direct debit for £57 a month, which was fine... now they have sent me an estimated bill and its for £75... so they have decided to up my direct debit to £113..

The estimates they have done are more or less correct, have sent them readings now anyway.. so my bill over the 4 months is about 240, so should be about 80 a month.

No way can I afford £113... is there anything I can do..?

28 Comments

yeah i had exact same problem, in november mine was £70 a month, it jumped to £110 i rung up to lower the direct debit as i was in credit at the time?? and they offered to lower it too £100 lol, i told them no, if you cant lower it then i,m looking elsewhere, and i did i looked online and switched to EDF, now on £55 a month, you may get a little bit off scotish power but it will not be anywhere near what u paid before they upped it i tried myself,
    their rates are lower than scotish power, well energy v6 is thats what i,m on now,

Count yourself lucky BG estimated our meter readings and set the direct debit at £20 per month they have now done a proper reading £200 bill and want to increase the DD to £80 (this is for eleccy only too as we have no gas.

energy suppliers are set to lower prices in the next few weeks if your looking to change id hang on a bit to see whos the best,

Original Poster

Well I'm gonna go to my bank tomorrow and cancel the direct debit, just hope I'm early enough, its due out on the 1st of Feb. No way can I afford £113, I'm gonna struggle with £80 to be honest.

This is an online account too, so I don't think I can call anyone to sort it out... arghhhh

No way can I afford £113... is there anything I can do..?

Yeah,stop using so much gas and electric..lol

theres one thing u can do tho, and thats to cancel ur direct debit, and pay your bill off in one lump sum end of year, rather than pay their Estimated bill over the year

Yes the gits did the same to us we were paying £72 pounds a month then they put it up to £127
    Phoned them up and they said what about £120 pounds per month even though i was in credit! Now with Eon much happier now

ChipSticks;4155174

Well I'm gonna go to my bank tomorrow and cancel the direct debit, just … Well I'm gonna go to my bank tomorrow and cancel the direct debit, just hope I'm early enough, its due out on the 1st of Feb. No way can I afford £113, I'm gonna struggle with £80 to be honest.This is an online account too, so I don't think I can call anyone to sort it out... arghhhh

The number is on the website:)

Banned

n1ttygr1tty;4155185

theres one thing u can do tho, and thats to cancel ur direct debit, and … theres one thing u can do tho, and thats to cancel ur direct debit, and pay your bill off in one lump sum end of year, rather than pay their Estimated bill over the year

trouble then is they have no readings and with the way things are changing week by week they will estimate the costs of units used at the higher prices no doubt

mikebike;4155209

The number is on the website:)

I think OP means with the online accounts one of the stipulations is, its email contact only,dunno how strict they are about it though.

Original Poster

deb8z;4155179

No way can I afford £113... is there anything I can do..?Yeah,stop using … No way can I afford £113... is there anything I can do..?Yeah,stop using so much gas and electric..lol

Except I'm not using that much am I. they are just taking the p**s :x

deb8z;4155257

I think OP means with the online accounts one of the stipulations is, its … I think OP means with the online accounts one of the stipulations is, its email contact only,dunno how strict they are about it though.

I Phoned them:?

You'll need to phone them and plead your case i'm afraid.

Unless you pay something they'll cut you off and you can't change supplier until it's cleared as they won't release you to someone else.

Sorry your having a hard time with it. :-(

My gas and electric is 48 a month.

Original Poster

mikebike;4155271

I Phoned them:?

have you got the number, I can't see it.

Banned

chipsticks i will find you the number i called, are you on a click tariff

ooops ok, though this was for BG - must get me some glasses

Original Poster

sassie;4155409

chipsticks i will find you the number i called, are you on a click tariff

I'm on their cheapest online tariff, that's why I presumed I couldn't call anyone.

Banned

ChipSticks;4155459

I'm on their cheapest online tariff, that's why I presumed I couldn't … I'm on their cheapest online tariff, that's why I presumed I couldn't call anyone.

sorry i thought this was about british gas, it maybe an online tariff but there will still be a contact number surely, phone scottish power and ask them

ChipSticks;4155400

have you got the number, I can't see it.

This is the one we used 0845 2700 700 it is the switching supplies line but we managed ok with it:)

Loads of numbers on saynoto0870.com/

I am astonished. Have been dreading our gas and electric bills. We only pay £36 per month each for these, and have a 4 bed detached..... 4 power hungry games consoles on almost all the time etc. Today the bills landed. And for our most expensive quarter the gas was £225 and electric £200. Havene't asked to increase the monthly dd even though I now owe them almost £100 on each (although I suppose they can work out I will have paid £36 off each by the time the bill got here?!)

Anyway company is southern electric and I am more than happy :0)

When I switched to Scottish Power about 3 months ago, they wanted to charge me £100 direct debit per month. I was with British Gas before and the monthly direct debit was only £60 so it was quite a big jump. So I phoned Scottish Power and inquire about the exaggerated £100 figure for someone who lives alone in a flat. They claimed it is because of winter and after 3 months, they will analyze my monthly usage and lower it accordingly. I don't believe they will actually lower it automatically, so if they don't lower it when I call I'll just switch to another company.

Original Poster

Slash;4155754

When I switched to Scottish Power about 3 months ago, they wanted to … When I switched to Scottish Power about 3 months ago, they wanted to charge me £100 direct debit per month. I was with British Gas before and the monthly direct debit was only £60 so it was quite a big jump. So I phoned Scottish Power and inquire about the exaggerated £100 figure for someone who lives alone in a flat. They claimed it is because of winter and after 3 months, they will analyze my monthly usage and lower it accordingly. I don't believe they will actually lower it automatically, so if they don't lower it when I call I'll just switch to another company.

It doesn't make sense does it. I have no idea how they have come up with £113 when I have used £240 over the 3 months, if they had said they were changing it to £80 then I could at least understand why, £113 just seems like a number they have pulled out of there ar*e. lol

the £113 is an estimate how much they think you will use over 12 months, ie. 113 x 12 =1356 so at the end of the 12 months you may be in credit, you should still get a statement every 3 months anyway i do and i was using their online tarrif

their excuse for pushing up prices will have been their price increases just before xmas, which in turn will push up the estimated bill if u get me lol

" so my bill over the 4 months is about 240, so should be about 80 a month "

Works out at £60 a month !

They always up it at winter time to take into account the extra useage but seems like they've well overestimated. Give them a call and ask them to lower it. I've done it in the past and they've been ok. Been with Scottish Power for quite a while and my gas and elec combined are £67 pcm for a 3 bed house. You save a few percent getting gas & elec from the same supplier.

There was a follow-up article on Watchdog this week concerning different meter types (imperial/metric) giving wrong bills. I dont think that applies to you here but may be of interest to others

bbc.co.uk/ipl…dog

Agreed :x:x:x

I can't speak to anyone in that stupid ****ing ******* place - I can't even complain as the complaints mailbox is full - what a surprise!!!!!

AAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHH

has anyone had any problems logging into their online account? i have switched to the online account and haven't been able to log in once, even though my email address is correct.:x

badgerrules;4266728

has anyone had any problems logging into their online account? i have … has anyone had any problems logging into their online account? i have switched to the online account and haven't been able to log in once, even though my email address is correct.:x

I could log into mine but it wouldn't let me put a reading in.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927369
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133

See more discussions