Groups
    EXPIRED

scrap gold advice wanted please

I have about 30 gramms of 9ct scrap gold (some wearable) what is the best way to sell it? ebay, jewlers? any help will be repped cheers x

19 Comments

cooksongold.com/met…es/

£6.71 a gram roughly as of friday, so scrap is worth about £200

Yep, i've used hatten, very good service and price which incidently was 20p a gram more than cookson last friday.

StevenA2000_uk;5365202

Try ]HattenGardenMetals :thumbsup:

Definitely here, quick & reliable :thumbsup:

nessynoo01;5365238

http://www.cooksongold.com/metalprices/£6.71 a gram roughly as of friday, … http://www.cooksongold.com/metalprices/£6.71 a gram roughly as of friday, so scrap is worth about £200

I would agree, definitely not eBay.. for a whole hoarde of reasons.

Original Poster

fab thanks everyone I dont know how much ive got... I wish I had some proper scales to weigh it I have place it in the kitchen scales and its weighing nearly 2 ounces so whatever that is

ceira*freya;5365741

fab thanks everyone I dont know how much ive got... I wish I had some … fab thanks everyone I dont know how much ive got... I wish I had some proper scales to weigh it I have place it in the kitchen scales and its weighing nearly 2 ounces so whatever that is

Its about 56g then so if you send it to hatton it would be just under £400 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

stgeorge;5365775

Its about 56g then so if you send it to hatton it would be just under … Its about 56g then so if you send it to hatton it would be just under £400 :thumbsup:

lordy so you litrally just post them off and they weigh it and send u the doh??? :?

ceira*freya;5365823

lordy so you litrally just post them off and they weigh it and send u … lordy so you litrally just post them off and they weigh it and send u the doh??? :?

Go to the website print this form out:
    hattongardenmetals.com/Sel…spx
    Then they will bank transfer the money to your account when they get it, usually by the end of the day.
    You don't have to be accurate with your weight as they will weigh it themselves anyway.

Original Poster

stgeorge;5365843

Go to the website print this form … Go to the website print this form out:http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/Sell_Scrap_Gold/Scrap_Gold_Form.aspxThen they will bank transfer the money to your account when they get it, usually by the end of the day.You don't have to be accurate with your weight as they will weigh it themselves anyway.

thanks will give it a go have u ever done anything like this?

ceira*freya;5365858

thanks will give it a go have u ever done anything like this?

I used them last week. Posted off my gold special delivery and had my cheque within 3 days from them. They are pretty good

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5365874

I used them last week. Posted off my gold special delivery and had my … I used them last week. Posted off my gold special delivery and had my cheque within 3 days from them. They are pretty good

how much did u get (if u dont mind me askin?) x

ceira*freya;5365898

how much did u get (if u dont mind me askin?) x

For 37grams of gold I got around £255

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5365909

For 37grams of gold I got around £255

wow cool x

oh my god!!!
    if only i knew of this!!!

few months back i sold a broken 18k white gold bracelet, a broken diamond 18k white gold bangle, a broken 9k bracelt... for a ****** £65

MML;5367061

oh my god!!!if only i knew of this!!!few months back i sold a broken 18k … oh my god!!!if only i knew of this!!!few months back i sold a broken 18k white gold bracelet, a broken diamond 18k white gold bangle, a broken 9k bracelt... for a ****** £65

18k was worth $$$ not long ago & still worth a good bit so you must have lost quite a bit on that lot.
    That's why all the gold scrappers are knocking at peoples doors now, we've had two people put leaflets through & come round knocking recently.

stgeorge;5367114

18k was worth $$$ not long ago & still worth a good bit so you must have … 18k was worth $$$ not long ago & still worth a good bit so you must have lost quite a bit on that lot.That's why all the gold scrappers are knocking at peoples doors now, we've had two people put leaflets through & come round knocking recently.

oh dear..i knew nothing and took them to my local tiny town for a quote...and as i had them lying around for like 2 years i thought wow £65 for a bit of scrap...went shopping with the money!!

LOL

MML;5368734

oh dear..i knew nothing and took them to my local tiny town for a … oh dear..i knew nothing and took them to my local tiny town for a quote...and as i had them lying around for like 2 years i thought wow £65 for a bit of scrap...went shopping with the money!!LOL

Don't waste your time going to shops as they will give you peanuts, you would have got hundreds if you had sent it to hatton gold especially for 18ct.

stgeorge;5368993

Don't waste your time going to shops as they will give you peanuts, you … Don't waste your time going to shops as they will give you peanuts, you would have got hundreds if you had sent it to hatton gold especially for 18ct.

i will remember this for next time...
    i serieously didn't know my junk can make a few bob!!!

*off to go and see if there's any more lying around*
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11
      2. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?525
      3. Selling advice56
      4. VF retentions: £14pm - 20GB, unlim mins and texts22

See more discussions