Scrap Gold... should I trade it in or put in on Ebay? (yes I know dreaded Ebay) LOL

Hiya,

I have a mixture of 9ct & 18ct gold gold that I want to cash in. I've traded in gold before however I just wondered if I should auction it off? What do you think? Where would I get the best return?

Many thanks

22 Comments

have you seen this web site: hattongardenmetals.com/
it might be of some help. You can get an idea of what price it should sell for

where do you live i know a man that pays good for scrap gold i have just sold him 72g and got £530 for it.

Original Poster

kaits;4662855

have you seen this web site: http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/it might … have you seen this web site: http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/it might be of some help. You can get an idea of what price it should sell for

Yeh I was looking at this site earlier... I'm just not sure wether I would get the best return at jewellers or on Ebay (minus the fee's of course)

Original Poster

greyparrot;4662927

where do you live i know a man that pays good for scrap gold i have just … where do you live i know a man that pays good for scrap gold i have just sold him 72g and got £530 for it.

I live in North London :thumbsup:

Miss Money Penny;4662958

Yeh I was looking at this site earlier... I'm just not sure wether I … Yeh I was looking at this site earlier... I'm just not sure wether I would get the best return at jewellers or on Ebay (minus the fee's of course)

i put mine on ebay but then got this fella to come round to the house he weighed it and gave cash was alot easier for me and like i say he paid good money too.

Miss Money Penny;4662969

I live in North London :thumbsup:

arr might be abit far how much do you have in grams do you know?

Original Poster

greyparrot;4662989

arr might be abit far how much do you have in grams do you know?

I haven't got any scales so I'm trying to guess... Not a good idea I know. I will weigh it before I trade it in or sell

SuperEd

theres a good one in nw london(harrow)

Original Poster

goonertillidie;4663099

theres a good one in nw london(harrow)

Harrow is only 15 mins drive away from me. Do you know the name of the shop? :?

SuperEd

belive its gold lovers ? EDIT yes it is 14, St. Anns Road,
Harrow,
Middlesex
HA1 1LG

Tel: 020 8863 0069

* We Buy & Cash Loans
* Gold & Diamond Jewellery
* Instant Cash Paid On The Day
* Antique, Second Hand & Repairs
* All Quality Watches
* Highest Cash Rates Paid

Classification: Pawnbrokers

SuperEd

15 min drive from me 2 lol

Original Poster

goonertillidie;4663212

15 min drive from me 2 lol

You in Borehamwood by any chance? :oops:

Original Poster

goonertillidie;4663207

belive its gold lovers ? EDIT yes it is 14, St. Anns … belive its gold lovers ? EDIT yes it is 14, St. Anns Road,Harrow,MiddlesexHA1 1LGTel: 020 8863 0069 * We Buy & Cash Loans * Gold & Diamond Jewellery * Instant Cash Paid On The Day * Antique, Second Hand & Repairs * All Quality Watches * Highest Cash Rates PaidClassification: Pawnbrokers

Thanks... Think I'll have a goosey there first before I send it off! :thumbsup:

SuperEd

watford/south oxhey

Original Poster

goonertillidie;4663373

watford/south oxhey

Ahhh, Just up the M1. That Harlequin shopping centre... and that damn ring road!!! LOL

Any good jewellers in the Harlequinn?

Original Poster

goonertillidie;4663467

]http://www.theharlequin.uk.com/search.htm

LOL... I'm just being plain lazy now aren't i? :oops:

Miss Money Penny if you sell it anywhere other than ebay let me know if you got a good deal because i have some scrap to sell. I am probably going to send it to that website i linked earlier unless i can see a better price out there. thanks xx

Original Poster

kaits;4663550

Miss Money Penny if you sell it anywhere other than ebay let me know if … Miss Money Penny if you sell it anywhere other than ebay let me know if you got a good deal because i have some scrap to sell. I am probably going to send it to that website i linked earlier unless i can see a better price out there. thanks xx

No problem.. I can personally recommend a company that I have used before. They are based in Dundee, lovely family business with great customer service.

webuyoldgold.co.uk

SuperEd

Miss Money Penny;4663503

LOL... I'm just being plain lazy now aren't i? :oops:

lol:oops:

hey thanks a lot Miss Money Penny bookmarked it! Its amazing how much scrap gold mounts up over time. I don't even wear gold anymore. I like bangles and rings mostly silver or just costume jewellery. I don't have to worry about losing it. The site looks good btw cheers!

Original Poster

kaits;4663639

hey thanks a lot Miss Money Penny bookmarked it! Its amazing how much … hey thanks a lot Miss Money Penny bookmarked it! Its amazing how much scrap gold mounts up over time. I don't even wear gold anymore. I like bangles and rings mostly silver or just costume jewellery. I don't have to worry about losing it. The site looks good btw cheers!

Your welcome hun x :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2641
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions