Groups

Scrapping a car??

Banned
    I've got a car that is just sitting in my parking space unused for over a year cos I don't need to use one and have another car that I use when need to. Car's been there that long battery is totally dead and rest of the car might be as well.

So I'm just looking to get rid of it and seen this website scrapyourcar.co.uk/ .

Has anyone had any experience doing something like this? Not fussed about money just want to get rid of it but be a bonus if a few quid came my way lol. And I looked into going on that goverment scrappage scheme and get a new car but I'd just have no use for it.

Any help or advice is appreciated, Cheers.

16 Comments

What about selling on ebay...think it's half price at the moment.

i will give you a quid for it!!! lol

Phone a local scrap dealer, cars have risen in value lately.

Have you considered getting it mot'd, it would be worth a lot more then.

I know you say it has been standing for a year but you never know it may be ok once started.

If you do scrap it you have to fill in a part of your V5 to let the DVLA know.

Original Poster Banned

scabbers;5455359

What about selling on ebay...think it's half price at the moment.

Never use ebay and can't be bothered with any hassle, just want rid of it really.

micoo;5455373

i will give you a quid for it!!! lol

Make it £1.50 and you can come get it later

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;5455408

Phone a local scrap dealer, cars have risen in value lately.Have you … Phone a local scrap dealer, cars have risen in value lately.Have you considered getting it mot'd, it would be worth a lot more then.I know you say it has been standing for a year but you never know it may be ok once started.If you do scrap it you have to fill in a part of your V5 to let the DVLA know.

Too much hassle to get MOT just looking to get it away as easy as possible. But I'll have a look into some of the local scrap dealers to see what they'd do

They will be only too happy to come and pick it up. if it was a runner you would probably get more.

Maybe worth charging the battery see if it starts?

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;5455500

They will be only too happy to come and pick it up. if it was a runner … They will be only too happy to come and pick it up. if it was a runner you would probably get more.Maybe worth charging the battery see if it starts?Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Don't want to buy one in case its a non-runner and all the cars I have access to have different batteries to it so can't switch them for a quick try.

what car is it? age etc? You might get more selling it

Original Poster Banned

Its a 1999, 106 and if it was running would sell easily cos its not in bad shape

Not really interested in selling it cos it will be too much hassle. Just like to do something like this scrapyourcar.co.uk/ and get it done without any bother

I havent heard of them before, but give them a call and see what they say. There are usually in local papers loads of ads of companies who scrap cars, quite often paying a minimum amount...worth a look

your council will take it away for nothing

we buy any car?

Paddy Charlie;5455571

Don't want to buy one in case its a non-runner and all the cars I have … Don't want to buy one in case its a non-runner and all the cars I have access to have different batteries to it so can't switch them for a quick try.

He didn't say buy a new battery, he said charge the existing one :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

peodude;5459880

He didn't say buy a new battery, he said charge the existing one … He didn't say buy a new battery, he said charge the existing one :thumbsup:

Battery hasn't been used in over a year so it is flat as a pan cake so would need to buy a new 1

Paddy you seem to making very hard work of this.

A running 99 109 is going to be worth a bit of money at least.

How do know that giving the battery a charge will not get the car running.

I can only assume you have more money than sense as I would be trying to get every penny I could for it.

Hardly sounds like a candidate for scrapping to me, but each to his own.

Original Poster Banned

Don't see how I am making hard work of it. I am just looking for a way to get rid of it which means I won't have to do anything so quite the opposite to hard work.

I have tried to charge battery and no joy. And as I've said nobody I know has same battery type so can't try their battery in mine.

I don't think it will run and am not bothered getting it running so just want to get rid of it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846317
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …252843
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523458
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1023

See more discussions