Scrapping Car

Posted 22nd Apr
Hi ,

I want to scrap my car and it is not safe to drive. Do you have any recommendations as to which company will give me the most money?

Based in North West England , thank you for your help in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
no281322/04/2019 19:36

if anything they going to want you to pay them to take it away, not the …if anything they going to want you to pay them to take it away, not the other way around

Nonsense, companies pay you to take it away for scrap. If you ever pay to have someone take your car away you've been done over.
19 Comments
if anything they going to want you to pay them to take it away, not the other way around
Where are you based?

if anything they going to want you to pay them to take it away, not the …if anything they going to want you to pay them to take it away, not the other way around

"Not safe to drive" doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have any value. I've scrapped a few cars over the years, undriveable, one had no brakes, but still got paid for them.
miikeyblue2 m ago

"Not safe to drive" doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have any value. …"Not safe to drive" doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have any value. I've scrapped a few cars over the years, undriveable, one had no brakes, but still got paid for them.

ya i didnt say it didnt mean have no vaule,

i just infureds, that people that pick up and haul car, rahter get paid than pay you for them
The head gasket has gone on it , the car is based in Ellesmere Port area
nnnnnnnnnnnn13 m ago

The head gasket has gone on it , the car is based in Ellesmere Port area

Call round some local breakers yards... this one will send a quote by email:

a41carspares.co.uk/con…116

Also advertise it on facebook selling pages, state its got head gasket problem, selling for scrap etc.

Don't expect a fortune, but if the rest of it is alright, you should get a bit of cash for it.
They may want you to pay, depends on what car it is.

Nonsense, companies pay you to take it away for scrap. If you ever pay to have someone take your car away you've been done over.
Sc4mp022/04/2019 21:03

Nonsense, companies pay you to take it away for scrap. If you ever pay to …Nonsense, companies pay you to take it away for scrap. If you ever pay to have someone take your car away you've been done over.

if you think so, keep thinking that

depends on how bad the car is off doesnt it, ya they going to pay you to take a car thats worth less than the gas to hual it? makes perfect sence, ya ok then

or all the ads can find another for car sracping services for £20 - £40

and just to qoute something as it so much nonsense

"How do I scrap my car for cash?Scrapping your car is relatively easy. In the past, you often had to pay to have your car taken off your hands.

But guidelines put in place to avoid abandoned cars means that getting shot of your old banger should be free. And because of the increase in scrap metal values, you should be able to get some money for your car.

This needs to take place at a scrapyard, or Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) that's licensed by the Environment Agency. It’s illegal to take your car anywhere else, so make sure they’re licensed.

Remember, you need to tell the DVLA if you've scrapped your car. If not, you could be fined £1,000.
"
Edited by: "no2813" 22nd Apr
Scrap prices aren’t great at the moment, I’d expect a max of £150 but if you want them to pick it up your looking at probably £25-50
no281322/04/2019 21:05

if you think so, keep thinking that depends on how bad the car is off …if you think so, keep thinking that depends on how bad the car is off doesnt it, ya they going to pay you to take a car thats worth less than the gas to hual it? makes perfect sence, ya ok then or all the ads can find another for car sracping services for £20 - £40and just to qoute something as it so much nonsense "How do I scrap my car for cash?Scrapping your car is relatively easy. In the past, you often had to pay to have your car taken off your hands.But guidelines put in place to avoid abandoned cars means that getting shot of your old banger should be free. And because of the increase in scrap metal values, you should be able to get some money for your car.This needs to take place at a scrapyard, or Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) that's licensed by the Environment Agency. It’s illegal to take your car anywhere else, so make sure they’re licensed.Remember, you need to tell the DVLA if you've scrapped your car. If not, you could be fined £1,000."

You've never scrapped a car have you??
Sc4mp02 m ago

You've never scrapped a car have you??

define scrapped,

i nicked a few and banger raced them,

i doubt they ware much better for anything but scrap after,
We got rid of a car last year got £100 for it from one of the scrap companies online, cartakeback was the one we used but there are others out there. They picked it up at an agreed time by local agent and then ship them down south. They gave better value than anyone local and we got the necessary certificate with in a few days and more importantly the cash the same day.

just checked and they will give us £101 for the same car now so prices don’t seem to have changed.
Edited by: "eslick" 22nd Apr
Post an ad on Gumtree, lists the faults and state it's not road legal and will need collecting.

You'll get dozens of phone calls from dodgy car dealers, been there done it myself.
deleted1080215
eslick30 m ago

We got rid of a car last year got £100 for it from one of the scrap …We got rid of a car last year got £100 for it from one of the scrap companies online, cartakeback was the one we used but there are others out there. They picked it up at an agreed time by local agent and then ship them down south. They gave better value than anyone local and we got the necessary certificate with in a few days and more importantly the cash the same day.just checked and they will give us £101 for the same car now so prices don’t seem to have changed.

Bet you wished you had hung on now!
It all depends on weight and make of car.
Toyota avensis 11 reg can fetch £1,000 .
We gave Vauxhall astra 2 years ago, 53 reg and got £150.
Ring all your scrap places in and around your city!
They will pick them up
no281319 h, 28 m ago

if you think so, keep thinking that depends on how bad the car is off …if you think so, keep thinking that depends on how bad the car is off doesnt it, ya they going to pay you to take a car thats worth less than the gas to hual it? makes perfect sence, ya ok then or all the ads can find another for car sracping services for £20 - £40and just to qoute something as it so much nonsense "How do I scrap my car for cash?Scrapping your car is relatively easy. In the past, you often had to pay to have your car taken off your hands.But guidelines put in place to avoid abandoned cars means that getting shot of your old banger should be free. And because of the increase in scrap metal values, you should be able to get some money for your car.This needs to take place at a scrapyard, or Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) that's licensed by the Environment Agency. It’s illegal to take your car anywhere else, so make sure they’re licensed.Remember, you need to tell the DVLA if you've scrapped your car. If not, you could be fined £1,000."

Did you even read all of what you quoted?

But guidelines put in place to avoid abandoned cars means that getting shot of your old banger should be free. And because of the increase in scrap metal values, you should be able to get some money for your car.
My daughters 07 plate Meriva failed mot with a whole list of faults. It also had over 150,000 on the clock. I put it on Gumtree listing it as 'spares or repair ' with an accurate description. Asked what I thought was a very optimistic £295, and had more than half a dozen offers of £150 upwards. Sold it for £250 unseen.Try it.
If you’re not bothered about getting any £ for it then fire brigades will often take a car to practice cutting out. Think they will collect too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions