Found 29th Nov 2007
The type of scratch card Im be talking about though are those naff free ones you get in every magazine you ever buy, or with papers etc. You know the ones, "Scratch and find 4 cars and win a brand new car...£1000...or a keyring!!"

Has anyone actually ever send away for a prize? My cousin has apparently done it quite a few time and has actually got a fair few decent prizes.

1. Misc
  2. Card
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Card
3 Comments

XtremeDJW

The type of scratch card Im be talking about though are those naff free … The type of scratch card Im be talking about though are those naff free ones you get in every magazine you ever buy, or with papers etc. You know the ones, "Scratch and find 4 cars and win a brand new car...£1000...or a keyring!!"Has anyone actually ever send away for a prize? My cousin has apparently done it quite a few time and has actually got a fair few decent prizes.

It always costs at least £9 to phone to claim your prize with 999 times out of 1000 will be holiday vouchers that are worthless as they need to be used against full price brochure prices.

I absolutely hate those cards, every single one is a "winner" should be banned.

Original Poster

I agree to be honest. I think the same thing, it was just after what my cousin told me, I just thought I'd ask to see if there is a slim chance of them actually being worth it.

Some of them say you dont have to call the number if you read the small print it says you can send a stamp addressed envelope to....for the claim number. Never tried it though and I bet that these letters all happen to get lost in the post
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69777
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions