Groups

Scratched xbox disc

Banned
    ok, earlier my sister moved the xbox while the game was in the machine which we all know is a NO NO and now the game is scratched and wont work, i heard game can fix this issue if you take it to them? can anyone confirm or have any suggestions. thanks

12 Comments

Strange one this... But try toothpaste. Rub it in and then completely wipe it off...

I have saved many scratched disks!!

Game will repair I believe, They simply 'cut' or 'slice' a very thin layer of plastic of the disk... using a special CD cleaning machine....

I think they even sell the machines instore...

Yes, game or gamestation will buffer the disc and 'get rid' of the scratches. Usually if the game doesn't work still after they will refund you.

It costs £2.50 last time I used it which was last february and my disc worked.

if that dont work, rent a copy and save it to your hard drive then use the scratched disc to just boot from

leemole101;4110205

if that dont work, rent a copy and save it to your hard drive then use … if that dont work, rent a copy and save it to your hard drive then use the scratched disc to just boot from

Very good plan!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

ok sound advice guys, cheers

Original Poster Banned

spann3rs;4110198

Strange one this... But try toothpaste. Rub it in and then completely … Strange one this... But try toothpaste. Rub it in and then completely wipe it off...I have saved many scratched disks!!Game will repair I believe, They simply 'cut' or 'slice' a very thin layer of plastic of the disk... using a special CD cleaning machine....I think they even sell the machines instore...

wipe it off with what mate

DangerGod;4110288

wipe it off with what mate

Bog role... Anything to hand in the bathroom, flannel, towel...

Lots of water and a finger...

BUT MAKE SURE ITS COMPLETELY DRY!!

Original Poster Banned

spann3rs;4110308

Bog role... Anything to hand in the bathroom, flannel, towel...Lots of … Bog role... Anything to hand in the bathroom, flannel, towel...Lots of water and a finger...BUT MAKE SURE ITS COMPLETELY DRY!!

ok cheers

furniture polish does the same job spray it on the disc rub it off with a soft cloth/kitchen roll when dry play disc - works like new :thumbsup:

I've repaired a 360 disc before - I moved my Xbox 360 whilst it was playing PES6 a couple of years back - to my shame.

It had a couple of rings of scratches going around the disc - I got a polishing cloth and rigorously rubbed the surface until the scratches were far less apparent.

Might not of looked much and took a lot of elbow-grease - but it worked.

I took a wii game which was heavily scratched into GAME last week to be repaired. Took 10 minutes - cost £2.99 (less the vat change) and works perfect. Would recommend if any home fixes dont work xx

Game will fix scratched discs for £2.99 or 3 for £5 (boyfriend used to be a manager there).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32451
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047111
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767265
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions