Screams Heard As Boy, 3, Killed By Dog.

Banned 91 replies
Found 19th Aug 2016
On the back of the Hank thread - a tragic incident has occurred and the mother has been arrested.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
91 Comments

Original Poster Banned

A 29-year-old woman has been arrested for allegedly allowing a dog to be "dangerously out of control".

A three-year-old boy has died after being savaged by a dog.

Witnesses described a dog being dragged from a home in Essex - moments before a woman emerged with a child covered in blood.

One neighbour said the distraught woman was on her knees in floods of tears - as paramedics tried to save the child.

The tragedy happened at a house in Parker Way, Halstead, at 5.40pm on Thursday. The boy was airlifted to hospital but died from his injuries.

Neighbours described the dog as "small and white" - with descriptions varying from a pitbull to a terrier.

news.sky.com/sto…742

R.I.P little fella
Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 19th Aug 2016

RIP These events are always very sad for all concerned, similar happend a few streets away from where I live 3 years ago, we were all so shocked.

Poor little lad

Rip poor little lad, it's time the government pulled it's finger out and brought in legislation to ban these creatures and much tougher punishment for the irresponsible owners who are just as much to blame, if not more than the beasts they own.

a three year old boy died, how utterly heartbreaking, what an utter disgrace!

Shaydog

Police have also confirmed that the dog which killed Dexter Neal was an … Police have also confirmed that the dog which killed Dexter Neal was an American Bulldog.

Can understand why it's not on the list of banned dogs. Looks perfectly harmless.

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/americanbulldog/pics/sally_ab.jpg

Awful, awful story. Unimaginable for that to happen to a young kid.

Dogs like that in those types of neighbourhoods though....I wouldn't let anyone vulnerable near them.

deeky

Can understand why it's not on the list of banned dogs. Looks perfectly … Can understand why it's not on the list of banned dogs. Looks perfectly harmless.

I have a very big problem with people in urban areas owning this type of dog to look tough/cool.

I will have to stay away from this thread or I will get seriously get my rant on.

Sad news, poor child may he RIP

Lost for words. 3 years old.... Gone in such a way.

Shaydog

I have a very big problem with people in urban areas owning this type of … I have a very big problem with people in urban areas owning this type of dog to look tough/cool. I will have to stay away from this thread or I will get seriously get my rant on.

Rant baby, these people need to be shunned, they can't be embarrassed or shamed they need to be locked up.

Sad news and yet another innocent life lost.

Government rushed through the banned dogs law and have spent the time since the law was past avoiding truth - it's nothing, and never has been, to do with the breed of dog and has in almost all cases been irresponsible owners/breeders and yet the punishments handed out by the courts are nothing more than a slap on the wrist with a ban that is, again in most cases, ignored.

Rest in peace little one and lets hope your suffering will be the last that fixes this unacceptable flaw.

RIP little one ,another victim of an idiot who had a breed of dog they didn't understand and couldn't control .I bet they thought they looked tough though.

philphil61

Sad news and yet another innocent life lost.Government rushed through the … Sad news and yet another innocent life lost.Government rushed through the banned dogs law and have spent the time since the law was past avoiding truth - it's nothing, and never has been, to do with the breed of dog and has in almost all cases been irresponsible owners/breeders and yet the punishments handed out by the courts are nothing more than a slap on the wrist with a ban that is, again in most cases, ignored.Rest in peace little one and lets hope your suffering will be the last that fixes this unacceptable flaw.

Couldn't agree with you more Phil, a dog as much as it is a pet is also a tool that too often we forget can be crafted into being dangerous. Whilst we continue with the blind hatred of certain breeds we are ignoring the fact that in ninety nine percent of cases a dangerous dog is created by its owner. I could take a poodle and turn it into a killer if I so choose (that would obviously be irresponsible and not something I would consider). A solution is needed but banning dogs that have a lock jaw and thinking the problem will go away doesn't deal with the absolute scum who destroy the good natures of their dogs to get them to attack.

The owners should be done for manslaughter, Unlikely to be the dogs fault, It's either been bought up like that, mistreated or had something medically wrong with it's brain.

I have a 3 year old and it horrifies me to think of a dog attacking her and being totally helpless. I think all dogs have the potential to be dangerous so therefore it is irresponsible to leave any dog around your children. We must remember dogs are animals and we are the humans.

just seen a program about police dogs and fighting dogs that are banned were caught and put down. i feel sorry for the dogs as they should not have been bred in the first place and they certainly shouldn't be put into fighting situations.

all dog owners should be forced to get a licence and get the dog registered with a vet. the penalty for owning a dangerous dog should then be a criminal offence. allowing people to breed and keep these dogs under current lax laws result in children and people being killed and maimed and the dogs being put down.

really bad.

zainarafiq

I have a 3 year old and it horrifies me to think of a dog attacking her … I have a 3 year old and it horrifies me to think of a dog attacking her and being totally helpless. I think all dogs have the potential to be dangerous so therefore it is irresponsible to leave any dog around your children. We must remember dogs are animals and we are the humans.

​There are those that would disagree with you

mutley1

just seen a program about police dogs and fighting dogs that are banned … just seen a program about police dogs and fighting dogs that are banned were caught and put down. i feel sorry for the dogs as they should not have been bred in the first place and they certainly shouldn't be put into fighting situations.all dog owners should be forced to get a licence and get the dog registered with a vet. the penalty for owning a dangerous dog should then be a criminal offence. allowing people to breed and keep these dogs under current lax laws result in children and people being killed and maimed and the dogs being put down.really bad.

All dogs should be on a lead and muzzled when in public.

Stops them biting people and/or stealing people's picnics etc.

The Government should reintroduce the dog licence and force all owners to register their ownership and breed type.
I know it wouldn't stop the parasites from owning illegal dogs but at least the police could check up on owners and take action easier.

Gollywood

​There are those that would disagree with you

​I place a huge amount of blame on people who own these dogs, majority aren't dog lovers but it looks 'bad' owning a banned breed or a vicious looking dog.
The fact is the dog attacked a child, I'm sure some will say the dog was provoked or other reasons, but it still does not change the fact the dog killed the poor child. The owners should not get away with a light sentence, manslaughter fits the bill imo. My daughter was very friendly with the neighbours cat, I had no problems until the cat scratched her. Since then I'm very careful about how close she gets to animals. My neighbour was a 80 year old woman and has had cats all her life but it just shows that animals attack and where children are involved it could be very dangerous. You just have to be cautious.
You can't question an animal and ask them what led to them mauling a child but you sure can ask the adults what the hell they were thinking.
But I do feel for the parents and anyone who witnessed it, something you will never get over, a child you have raised for 3 years gone. It really hurts imagining trying to save your precious child and all the 'ifs' and 'buts ' going around in your head.
Truly heartbreaking incident.

Original Poster Banned

zainarafiq

We must remember dogs are animals and we are the humans.

Yesterday.

Six months behind bars for dog owner who left Staffordshire bull terrier to die alone in locked flat (Warning: graphic images, which readers may find distressing)

bristolpost.co.uk/six…tml

And nothing will change as usual. Nice messages will be left for the wee fella and pointless petitions will be signed and ignored.
Politicians have the power to change things but as they dont care less about you,your family,or your neighbourhood why would they bother ?

Its our fault for re electing them over and over

Cant wait fo the flood of memes on facebook from Dog lovers who like to profess how their dogs are more important than their family or children, with an innocent looking Bull Terrier of some sort and some script writing about how harmless they are and its all the owners fault..

All these dogs should be culled IMO. trained, tame or not they have the potential to do this and IMO thats enough to get rid of them ALL!

haritori

Cant wait fo the flood of memes on facebook from Dog lovers who like to … Cant wait fo the flood of memes on facebook from Dog lovers who like to profess how their dogs are more important than their family or children, with an innocent looking Bull Terrier of some sort and some script writing about how harmless they are and its all the owners fault..All these dogs should be culled IMO. trained, tame or not they have the potential to do this and IMO thats enough to get rid of them ALL!

So no more police dogs, trained bomb detection dogs, guide dogs, coast guard rescue dogs... The list is endless, pretty much like your needless overreaction. Dogs as a species don't need to be condemned for the actions of a couple of bad humans. The situation above is horrific and the child died needlessly but that dog was betrayed by its owners just as much as the child was.

joey1352

So no more police dogs, trained bomb detection dogs, guide dogs, coast … So no more police dogs, trained bomb detection dogs, guide dogs, coast guard rescue dogs... The list is endless, pretty much like your needless overreaction. Dogs as a species don't need to be condemned for the actions of a couple of bad humans. The situation above is horrific and the child died needlessly but that dog was betrayed by its owners just as much as the child was.

Read more closely, I said "these dogs" I was referring to the 'look at me I am an ard barsteward' dogs. I mean all these bull terrier types need to be gone..

The dog is as responsible as the owner is, and I see numerous stories every week! of so called good trained dogs attacking, dogs are vicious hunting animals with a pack mentality and are instinctive..

Another one here luckily it was'nt humans attack but horses, but still same thing. its since been revealed this dog was very well trained and was kept in a very secure home, the moment its escaped its gone on to attack..

We dont have to agree, but you must see that these types of dogs are dangerous animals and shouldn't be kept as pets.

I do have to point out the story says nothing of how it started, it could of been a very loyal and well behaved dog, trained and loved very well, but turned if so how would that of been the owners fault?
Edited by: "haritori" 20th Aug 2016

haritori

Read more closely, I said "these dogs" I was referring to the 'look at me … Read more closely, I said "these dogs" I was referring to the 'look at me I am an ard barsteward' dogs. I mean all these bull terrier types need to be gone..The dog is as responsible as the owner is, and I see numerous stories every week! of so called good trained dogs attacking, dogs are vicious hunting animals with a pack mentality and are instinctive.. Another one here luckily it was'nt humans attack but horses, but still same thing. its since been revealed this dog was very well trained and was kept in a very secure home, the moment its escaped its gone on to attack..We dont have to agree, but you must see that these types of dogs are dangerous animals and shouldn't be kept as pets.I do have to point out the story says nothing of how it started, it could of been a very loyal and well behaved dog, trained and loved very well, but turned if so how would that of been the owners fault?

I ve seen a lot more vicious chihuahuas and jack Russell's then I have bull breeds in my time. The news story does however or the one I read state they have only had the dog a few weeks, proper training for a dog I would class isn't at the most complete until they are nine months to a year old. So it's either a very young dog, or potentially one they gets passed from pillar to post never knowing a stable home as people trade them on gumtree.

The responsibility regardless for a dog lies with its human owner, for example I rescued a Labrador who's previous owner had beat her so viciously that she had a terrible attitude towards strangers. To the point where she would probably have killed a man if she saw one and had the opportunity. In her long life she never got that chance, never even got so much as a snap at another member of the public, child, or neighbourhood cat because I was responsible. Killing them is an over reaction and I take your point a news story ever week may seem an endemic but not when you think of just how many of these dogs there are. Last year the rspca estimated there was 8.5million dogs in the uk, and if you look up the breakdown of dog attacks by breed you ll see that bull breeds don't even register near the top ten.

I agree something needs to be done and I d advocate for a pet owning passport or something similar if I had any faith that our government was good enough to write the legislation in a meaningful way but I reckon that would just turn into another tax that does nothing to stop scum owning "dangerous" looking dogs.

Final point as this response is dragging but as an owner I recognise my loving, kind, scared of its own shadow dog could potentially hurt someone. That's why he's always supervised, it doesn't say if this dog was in any meaningful way other then them being in the garden together but even that's too much if there wasn't an adult within reaching distance. And I do mean an adult that could overpower a dog. I had a teenager yesterday trying to walk a springer spaniel and unfortunately the springer was walking her through bad training and just all out strength.

joey1352

So no more police dogs, trained bomb detection dogs, guide dogs, coast … So no more police dogs, trained bomb detection dogs, guide dogs, coast guard rescue dogs... The list is endless, pretty much like your needless overreaction. Dogs as a species don't need to be condemned for the actions of a couple of bad humans. The situation above is horrific and the child died needlessly but that dog was betrayed by its owners just as much as the child was.

The dog would be humanely put to sleep, no pain, nice and easy, the child however would have suffered tremendous pain and terror for quite a while, no comparison really.

airfix

The dog would be humanely put to sleep, no pain, nice and easy, the child … The dog would be humanely put to sleep, no pain, nice and easy, the child however would have suffered tremendous pain and terror for quite a while, no comparison really.

That logic just doesn't tie up in the modern world, people experience a massive amount of pain through crime at the hands of fellow humans the world over but we aren't allowed to advocate for killing them. It's arrogance that allows it when your talking about another species.
Rape victims experience pain, war breeds pain, the list is endless but we don't sit on our sofas and state that all people should die or even worse all people of a certain type should die and that's the type of reactionary comment I was arguing against.
As I ve said before how can we hold an animal responsible for being an animal when he was under the care of someone who should have known better. I.e. The owner.

Give the gorilla, young boy situation you don't see people advocate for the extinction of gorillas as a result. You had the opposite with people pointing out that the endangered gorilla should have been left alone whilst the child who was a member of an overpopulated species should have taken his chances with a tranquilliser being used. I just can never agree with someone taking one very sad situation and using it as justification for a genocide (understand this definition only applies to humans but in the absence of a theasuarus I'm sure you ll forgive me), or restricting dog ownership through law so much that you may as well just do away with the species. Dogs the world over contribute a lot, the balance of these tragedies against the usefulness of dogs just doesn't even come remotely close to needing rid of them.

stuarthanley

The Government should reintroduce the dog licence and force all owners to … The Government should reintroduce the dog licence and force all owners to register their ownership and breed type. I know it wouldn't stop the parasites from owning illegal dogs but at least the police could check up on owners and take action easier.

+1

And animal charities should stop funding vet bills for people on benefits!

All dogs are dangerous they were created for hunting, bout time people got that through their thick skulls, bring back the dog licence and compulsory classes in how to deal with the things.

Also muzzle them in public and clean up their disgusting mess, there should be a dna database for em, the cost of which covered by the fines for dealing with the mess in the first place. Microchip em all too, no chip take it away.

Wouldn't make much difference 100s of the things are killed every week in vets and kennels because they are not wanted or get sick and the owner can't be bothered with em anyway.

zainarafiq

I have a 3 year old and it horrifies me to think of a dog attacking her … I have a 3 year old and it horrifies me to think of a dog attacking her and being totally helpless. I think all dogs have the potential to be dangerous so therefore it is irresponsible to leave any dog around your children. We must remember dogs are animals and we are the humans.

Your not helpless, personally I'd stab it in the head or eye. You wouldn't just stand there and watch now would you? You'd try something, if your in the house you'd grab a knife or a screwdriver or even a sharp pencil, or frankly just try stamping on it and kicking it. If you are out you'd try your keys, jewellery, swiss army knive if you've got one.

If it turned round and attacked you good, thats a better option then a kid.

Error440

Your not helpless, personally I'd stab it in the head or eye. You … Your not helpless, personally I'd stab it in the head or eye. You wouldn't just stand there and watch now would you? You'd try something, if your in the house you'd grab a knife or a screwdriver or even a sharp pencil, or frankly just try stamping on it and kicking it. If you are out you'd try your keys, jewellery, swiss army knive if you've got one.If it turned round and attacked you good, thats a better option then a kid.

These dogs are total monsters when they attack!

This from dogsbite.org

Anchorage, AK - Last Friday, a pit bull bolted out of a home and immediately attacked a 9-year old girl on a playground in Glencaren Court. The dog raced about 30-yards to the playground and latched onto the girl's head. While one man held onto the pit bull's collar, another man struck it hard with a crowbar several times. The pit bull eventually let go, but not before ripping off part of the child’s scalp. The dog then attacked both men until another man shot it in the head with a gun.

"That’s about the most scared I’ve been. Even when I was a firefighter, going into buildings that were on fire." - Rescuer Raymond Patterson

These elements are the basic mechanics of a "classic" unprovoked violent pit bull attack and why this breed is so dangerous. The only unusual aspect about this severe mauling is that three responding adults were men -- one a former firefighter -- and on hand quickly was a crowbar, pepper spray and firearms. Had this not been the case, the little girl might have died and there would have been more than one person seriously injured by the pit bull.

I know this is talking about a pit bull and the dog attack in this thread was an Americal bull however as you can see the two are very similar.....
http://www.petsworld.in/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/bulldog-vs-pitbull.jpg

If you read around the issue a bit you will see that the different names were introduced shortly after new laws in a bid to mask the background of the dog. The idea that these dogs are cute cuddly and make great family pets is horse crap! They are a very aggressive type of dog that was bread to fight, attack much more often than other dogs and do disproportionately more damage with their bites than other dogs.

dogs are horrible creatures, get rid of the lot of them

benjammin316

dogs are horrible creatures, get rid of the lot of them

http://cdn.skim.gs/images/c_fill,dpr_1.0,h_391,w_695/fajkx3pdvvt9ax6btssg/20-of-the-cutest-small-dog-breeds-on-the-planet

Shaydog

He's first

http://i.imgur.com/LlGrtYP.gif

stuarthanley

The Government should reintroduce the dog licence and force all owners to … The Government should reintroduce the dog licence and force all owners to register their ownership and breed type. I know it wouldn't stop the parasites from owning illegal dogs but at least the police could check up on owners and take action easier.

What, you mean like the law that already exists where all dogs must be micro-chipped to show ownership?

benjammin316

He's first

Don't get it.....who is that creepy lookin bloke anyway?
Edited by: "Shaydog" 20th Aug 2016

Shaydog

Don't get it.

So I've heard
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help: NowTV Movie pass44
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...813
    3. MacBook77
    4. Barclays app ATM withdrawal34