Screen and audio record in windows 10

Posted 23rd Aug
Is there a way of recording the screen and the audio in win 10

I know of the screen record function (win and G key) but how would I transpose my audio over it at same time

Any freebie apps out there??

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
You could try the Windows Problem Steps recorder. Its years since I've used it so not sure it if records audio or not.

Start>PSR
Have a look into OBS - obsproject.com/
Which audio are you looking to record?
OBS
EndlessWaves23/08/2020 18:12

Which audio are you looking to record?

It’s audio of me talking as I’m navigating through web site instruction
AdamWalkerGX723/08/2020 18:46

It’s audio of me talking as I’m navigating through web site instruction

So real time audio from a microphone rather than something being played back on the computer?

I'm pretty sure the Xbox game bar (Win + G) supports that already doesn't it? AMD and nVidia'srecording stuff if you have one of their GPUs should do as well.
Thanks the games bar is working. But when I flick between apps it won’t record the new app. Eg on internet explorer I download a word doc and then want to talk through the word doc. But the recording does not show the word doc but stays on the internet explorer page. Confused....??
Install Zoom and start a one person meeting (only yourself). Makes a nice recording. You can choose from laptop or plug in mic. There are extras like picture in picture - show your face in the corner while you record your screen. You can mirror image the camera which makes it more intuitive to position yourself. Can also have a dummy background image. I found grey works best if you want a plain background.

I've used the above to make a video presentation for a job application.
AdamWalkerGX723/08/2020 20:42

Thanks the games bar is working. But when I flick between apps it won’t r …Thanks the games bar is working. But when I flick between apps it won’t record the new app. Eg on internet explorer I download a word doc and then want to talk through the word doc. But the recording does not show the word doc but stays on the internet explorer page. Confused....??

Usually on these recording apps you can choose what to 'share' with the recording. You may need to choose whole desktop and not the first open window.
Post a comment
@
    Text