Screen casting / Chromecast / Hudl 2 question

Found 29th Mar 2016
Hi
I've got a Tesco Hudl 2 and have been looking at screen casting direct to the TV. Can anyone help here? If I get a Chromecast dongle plugged into the TV (Panasonic Viera, TX-P42G30B, about 4yrs old I think), will this be enough to screen cast Showbox, Cartoon HD etc? I don't think the TV is wireless so a dongle would be the way to go (I've tried plugging an ethernet cable from TV to modem but no joy) The Hudl has the option for screen casting and, from what I can find, it looks as though the Hudl now supports Chromecast. Has anyone else done this?
Any help massively appreciated!!

Thanks

Steve
Community Updates
10 Comments
the hudl2 has a mini hdmi slot on the tablet, looks a bit like the charging port. use a micro hdmi cable to hdmi will do the trick
amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_1?qid=1459253011&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40&keywords=micro+hdmi+to+hdmi+cable&dpPl=1&dpID=41tzpdfAfqL&ref=plSrch
3.99 on amazon
Yes a Chromecast will do the job,
£25 from curry's eBay shop.
You will have to download the Chromecast app to your hudl.
Plug the Chromecast into a HDMI on the TV, and follow the on screen instructions, (very easy).
This is the exact setup I have and I have no problems.
lroast

the hudl2 has a mini hdmi slot on the tablet, looks a bit like the … the hudl2 has a mini hdmi slot on the tablet, looks a bit like the charging port. use a micro hdmi cable to hdmi will do the trick

Cheers mate. I have been using a hdmi cable but as it stopped working on the weekend (easter 4 day weekend?!?!), I thought I'd see if wireless was an option.
raf35y1

Yes a Chromecast will do the job,£25 from curry's eBay shop.You will have … Yes a Chromecast will do the job,£25 from curry's eBay shop.You will have to download the Chromecast app to your hudl.Plug the Chromecast into a HDMI on the TV, and follow the on screen instructions, (very easy).This is the exact setup I have and I have no problems.

Thank you, will give this a whirl
raf35y1

Yes a Chromecast will do the job,£25 from curry's eBay shop.You will have … Yes a Chromecast will do the job,£25 from curry's eBay shop.You will have to download the Chromecast app to your hudl.Plug the Chromecast into a HDMI on the TV, and follow the on screen instructions, (very easy).This is the exact setup I have and I have no problems.

Just a thought, am I right in thinking Chromecast will not work with Cartoon HD? Did you download any other players apps (Avia etc)?
mine stopped working, brought a new hdmi lead and jobs a good 'un
I have Hudl2. I have Panasonic Vierra. I have Chromecast. I have HDMI cable. I have used both - prefer the cable - more robust - less interference.
I use Kodi to stream. My eyesight is very poor for TV but whenever there is a program/film/etc more than just me wants to watch I stream it meaning I can watch on my Hudl2 whilst the rest watch the big screen - ideal.
In your situation I would fix your cable issue first; new cable maybe or just re-seat it and ensure your vierra and hudl2 setups have not got messed up.
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 29th Mar 2016
SteveSteveSteveSteveSteve

Just a thought, am I right in thinking Chromecast will not work with … Just a thought, am I right in thinking Chromecast will not work with Cartoon HD? Did you download any other players apps (Avia etc)?

​Cartoon hd does work with chromecast. Install n app called local cast, then in cartoon hd, click custom and select local cast, then select your chromecast.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants