Groups

screen crack-how much to fix?

Hiya, sisters bf has got a crack on his Nokia 5300. It is from 02 and i was just wondering if any of you knew how much it would cost him to get fixed or how to go about it etc. He brought it 24th August brand new from carphone warehouse, he still has the reciept etc

Thanks for your help

Jo xxx

21 Comments

Banned

It is less than 4 weeks old, my first port of call would be CPW, how did he crack it?

I cracked my phone screen about a year ago - £50.

A friend cracked his last week - again £50.

Looks like £50 is the usual price.

Plus, they wasnt fixed at the same place - 40 mile radius!

Original Poster

on the phone to carphone warehouse they say as it was his fault they will charge him 45 quid. She was really helpful but still, how annoying. He paid 90 quid for it only 4 weeks ag

Banned

yummymummy1987

on the phone to carphone warehouse they say as it was his fault they will … on the phone to carphone warehouse they say as it was his fault they will charge him 45 quid. She was really helpful but still, how annoying. He paid 90 quid for it only 4 weeks ag

How many days do you get to take out the phone insurance, is it not 28 days?

Why doesnt he claim on the house insurance? If he has accidental damage cover.

The excess may be what? £50?

Premiums pay go up? Not sure no that..

But yeah he could sell the broekn phone on eBay - and get a new/better phone off his house insurance

sassie

How many days do you get to take out the phone insurance, is it not 28 … How many days do you get to take out the phone insurance, is it not 28 days?

Yes it is.

pull this out? is only £7.50 a month.

Is it the glass/plastic screen or the LCD? outer screen you can just buy another fascia, but most lcd can be bought off of ebay for just over 20 quid and very easy to do yourself.

Banned

t0mm

Yes it is.pull this out? is only £7.50 a month.

cant think what it is called now, the lifeline one says 14days, but im sure when i had mine i had a month to take some insurance out because it was well over two weeks when they text me :?

Original Poster

oooh ill have a look into the phone insurance. Hes only 17 so doesnt have any house insurance etc. I wonder how much it would go for on ebay, ill have a look later
    Thanks everyone.

ITs a month i just got an o2 today actually and im ringing up later to put the insurance on- it also includes accidental calls cover [maybe contract only] thats what im on.

Original Poster

Yes it is the plastic/glass screen. It goes from the bottom right hand corner well up past the middle. Its at least a inch long. Its quite thin, i guess what you would call a hairline crack?!!

Banned

yeah mine was on a contract too, but maybe worth having a scout about, look through everything that came with it, any leaflets etc, etc Good luck :thumbsup:

Is it just the screen protector or the ACTUAL screen//

Original Poster

Im not sure if it makes any difference but its the black 5300 the music express one i think its called, do u think this could be fixed by us minstrel man?

Original Poster

It looks like the actual screen

************.co.uk/sea…cia

without doubt, have a look at some of these, make sure you get one the comes with the tools to remove the screws for the fascia, used to be a t6 star key for most, but not having the phone I couldnt tell you.

Just to be doubly sure you can always ask one of the sellers - but whats £5? as oppossed to sending it off

Banned

MinstrelMan

http://************.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=5300+fasciawithout doubt, have a look at some of these, make sure you get one the comes with the tools to remove the screws for the fascia, used to be a t6 star key for most, but not having the phone I couldnt tell you.Just to be doubly sure you can always ask one of the sellers - but whats £5? as oppossed to sending it off

Ebay links not allowed on here, you can post the number of the item though

rubbish - it wasnt even a specific item number, just do a search for "5300 fascia" theres about 250 of them.

I think he'd appreciate a nice pink flowery one

Banned

Its cheaper to buy a new phone altogether as u can pick up a 5300 for £39

I cracked the screen on my phone a while back. Cost me £30 to fix it. Worth it, though - it was a rubbish phone, and it crashed one day while I was writing a particularly long txt message. It did this quite often. Anway, I became rather angry, so I placed it on the floor, took my belt off, swung it around three times to pick up speed, and then smashed the ******* with the buckle. It was a spectacular shot, and I obliterated the screen beautifully.

Made a bit of a mess of my carpet, and I couldn't speak to any friends for a month. Worth it, mind you.

Original Poster

Thanks for that minstrel man and lol at dxx

Cheers for the help everyone x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions