Expired

Screen mirroring on Sony Bravia KDL32W7 via iPad/iPhone/PS Vita, help!

Found 11th Aug 2014
Just got this TV, had a few problems setting it up but its brilliant! our only problem now is, how do I connect the iPad/iPhone to it via mirroring? Ive searched via wifi and its asking for a password but I do not have one (Im wondering not if its my password for virgin router?).
The guy in John Lewis said I wont need an Apple TV with this TV, as Sony 'mirror' the iPad. Im now wondering if this was a load of rubbish. Also can it be hooked up to the Vita?

Can anyone please help? thanks in advance x
Community Updates
5 Comments
Unfortunately it looks like he had his wires crossed.
I was surprised that a tv could offer built-in ipad mirroring so looked into it
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43105/c/65,66/kw/screen%20mirroring/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4MTUwNDI4MC9zaWQvYWoxN214Q2w%3D
Miracast only works with certain devices, certainly not the iPad.
Apple TV 3 was £59 refurbed (rrp £79 new), but if you've bought the tv based on a key feature, I'd reconsider the purchase.
Im so annoyed. The guy on the Shop floor was wearing a Sony shirt, he said he was trained in Sony products and said using an app, it 100% mirrored the ipad and there would be no need to buy the Apple TV.
They ain't got a clue. I use a Apple TV for mirroring kdl42w8. U can also get xbmc (now called kodo) on a raspberry pi and mirror that way. The ipad mirror gives black borders on left and right. Click options, picture and change the zoom for fit.
DLC

They ain't got a clue. I use a Apple TV for mirroring kdl42w8. U can also … They ain't got a clue. I use a Apple TV for mirroring kdl42w8. U can also get xbmc (now called kodo) on a raspberry pi and mirror that way. The ipad mirror gives black borders on left and right. Click options, picture and change the zoom for fit.

The problem is, I cant get anything mirrored on it. Im calling John Lewis first thing.
Slight off topic, but get an app called TV SideView.

I mainly use it for playing content on my home network, rather then use the TV to browse, I do it from the app, hit play and voila on the TV, much quicker. You also have a remote with the app.

Also you can send movies/music etc from your laptop direct to the TV.

Apps on the TV suck though, I got the 42" version, just wish it had Plex and the browser is awful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions