Groups

Screen Resolution keeps changing?

Anyone know why my screen resolution would suddenly keep changing back to 1024 x 768?

This has only started to happen the past week and everytime I change it back to 1280 x 1024 is stays fine whilst Im using the PC, but defaults back to the lower settle when idle.

I've also suddenly experience a few problems with a slow down in speed, issues in connecting specifically to the iTunes and a general sluggishness. No viruses or spyware have been detected.

Tried to do a system restore to an either time, but have just found out that Windows 7 doesn't appear to automatically create system restore points. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

6 Comments

try stopping monitor from sleeping 1st

Then try Windows update for an updated gfx driver if you are using a via gfx then uninstall a windows update which is known to cause this issue use revo uninstaller

Original Poster

dontasciime;8874242

try stopping monitor from sleeping 1st

dontasciime;8874255

Then try Windows update for an updated gfx driver if you are using a via … Then try Windows update for an updated gfx driver if you are using a via gfx then uninstall a windows update which is known to cause this issue use revo uninstaller

Cheers - I tried and check both, but it's still happened. In addition now I cannot connect to iTunes, Spotify or Internet Explorer ???

Banned

run a decent virus / malware check (not AVG!).

of course windows7 creates auto restore points. Viruses prevent this sometimes too.

Original Poster

csiman;8877367

run a decent virus / malware check (not AVG!).

Any recommendations?

You not already got an antivirus solution installed ?

install malware bytes Mbam first the update it then close it and run as admin Rkill (download the exe first if it fails to run download and run the next one etc etc)

download.bleepingcomputer.com/gri…exe

download.bleepingcomputer.com/gri…com

download.bleepingcomputer.com/gri…pif

download.bleepingcomputer.com/gri…scr

reset your internet explorer back to default clear passwords etc.

Install ccleaner as well whilst your at it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions