Groups

Screenshotting problems.....

Hello,

This is frustrating me!

I recently got two kittens who like my keyboard, however they are clearly better at computing than me given they've changed my screenshot settings it seems.

I use the 'prt sn.' then 'ctrl v' to paste it into paint as per usual, then do what i need to and save it as usual. However when it saves it somehow changes and then when i open it it shows as half screenshot and the other half shows my desktop.

I am currently baffled, has anyone out there got a fix please?

11 Comments

Not sure but look at your screen settings and see if they have selected a 2nd screen output. ie for two monitors.
    Edited by: "123thisisme" 29th Oct 2016

borgax

Screenshotting problems.....

* Screenshat.

fanpages

* Screenshat.

* screenchat monsieur

Install Gadwin printscreen . Far better than the standard prtscr option.

Original Poster

123thisisme

Not sure but look at your screen settings and see if they have selected a … Not sure but look at your screen settings and see if they have selected a 2nd screen output. ie for two monitors.

Many thanks for your advice, they had indeed, so simple yet it foxed me.
    Edited by: "borgax" 30th Oct 2016

What happens if you press Win+Prtsc? That saves a PNG copy directly to the pictures/screenshots folder.
    Alternatively you could use the Windows snipping tool. That has options for fullscreen, active window and direct selections.

The only other thing I can think of would be multiple desktops. If you press Win+Tab they should show up along the bottom of the screen, close any you aren't using.
    Edited by: "MBeeching" 30th Oct 2016

Original Poster

MBeeching

What happens if you press Win+Prtsc? That saves a PNG copy directly to … What happens if you press Win+Prtsc? That saves a PNG copy directly to the pictures/screenshots folder.Alternatively you could use the Windows snipping tool. That has options for fullscreen, active window and direct selections.The only other thing I can think of would be multiple desktops. If you press Win+Tab they should show up along the bottom of the screen, close any you aren't using.

Thanks i'll try those other options, somehow they had chosen to extend the display, so unawares i had another invisible screen in mid air to the right of mine effectively i guess.
    Thanks for the help.

Try Lightshot. That's what I use for all my printscreen stuff.

I got Dropbox on all of my pc's. I just press PrtSc and it saves it in a screenshot folder in there.

Surely the real problem is the kittens :-)

Snipping tool?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2737
      2. Legal advice33
      3. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?59
      4. Samsung Galaxy S666

See more discussions