Groups
    EXPIRED

Screw selection "starter pack" for newbie DIY-er

Hi.

Can anyone recommend or has anyone seen a good deal on a selection/set of screws suitable for most tasks for a new DIYer? A box for storage would be nice too.

Not sure if the sets in Homebase are going to be good value for money.

Many thanks.

3 Comments

Hi Jitters

Years ago when I bought my first house and blundered into the world of DIY I bought a starter set from Screwfix. Something like this:

screwfix.com/pro…0pc

Quality always seems good to me and it gives you a good selection to get started with.

Good luck with the DIY!

hi, def agree with above post screwfix is the best place 99% of the time for everything you need for diy, you can either get it delivery to your door for a charge (unless over £50 spent i think) or you can collect at one of their stores. below is a link for a very good set which is in their current deals. really sturdy clip locking metal carry case and the little plastic tubs inside pull out rather than you having to grab a handful of screws etc. the guide in the top of the box also tells you your sizes so you can grab the right ones quickly. £20 is a really good price for this type of set.

screwfix.com/sea…mit

Original Poster

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've repped accordingly. Both packs (which are essentially the same ) look great, I'll get the carry case version though - it'll help keep things tidy. My nearest screwfix isn't too far away so I'm going to collect.

Ta.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions