Screwfix

Found 7th Mar
I’m wondering if anyone else feels the same- My recent feed feels like I’m reading the screwfix catalogue! They are becoming like sports direct & MandM with false ‘deals’.
Rant over! Sorry!!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Got to be better than Gearbest though.
17 Comments
They are pretty cheap for some things tho, Walk into homebase if you like a spanking.
Retailers have worked out that people buy a "deal" or a "bargain" even if its normal price.

If Aldi and Lidl etc. raise their prices people will still shop their if they perceive it to be cheap.

Increasing the amount of deals you have will get you more sales, regardless of if they are really sales.
It's just one guy spamming Screwfix deals. Nothing to worry about.
Its not Screwfix at fault - they are a decent fairly priced retailer with some excellent deals .

Sadly some HUKD members have nothing better to do than post several "non deals " one after the other , which tends to irk members (myself included)
Got to be better than Gearbest though.
Guess it also depends what you focus on , I'm feeling the same about debenhams deals at the moment , which have been posted more than once and are often sold out when you go to add to basket or the item numbers are so low eg 1 or 2 left that it doesn't warrant posting.

However unless I'm posting a better deal I guess I can't complain , but will use your rant to pass comment !
Prices are ok but unfortunately the staff in my local one are unprofessional and act like clowns when people are clearly waiting to be served.
I feel the same about Amazon telling people the RRP or the was price and how much they're saving, can we stop Amazon fake deals.
Edited by: "shadey12" 7th Mar
dataload2 h, 10 m ago

Prices are ok but unfortunately the staff in my local one are …Prices are ok but unfortunately the staff in my local one are unprofessional and act like clowns when people are clearly waiting to be served.

Similar to a local one where the staff act like customers are just an interruption to their 'top bantz", luckily there is another one nearby where the staff have had some training and do their job.
DKLS4 m ago

Similar to a local one where the staff act like customers are just an …Similar to a local one where the staff act like customers are just an interruption to their 'top bantz", luckily there is another one nearby where the staff have had some training and do their job.

Yeah it's pretty irritating, last time I was in there they were all serving some bloke and talking about random irrelevant crap while 3 people waited, he then walked past the checkout and went to talk to someone in the warehouse.

Presumably he was a member of staff who hadn't been in work for a day and needed a good catch up.

I was seconds away from leaving to be honest.
Screwfix is an amazing shop as a builder I feel they are great for many many things. Try going to jewsons travis Perkins Homebase or any other builders merchants they just rip you off.
larrylightweight18 m ago

Screwfix is an amazing shop as a builder I feel they are great for many …Screwfix is an amazing shop as a builder I feel they are great for many many things. Try going to jewsons travis Perkins Homebase or any other builders merchants they just rip you off.

I like them too. They're just convenient, and prices are only a little above Amazon for anything I've needed the last few years.
larrylightweight1 h, 15 m ago

Screwfix is an amazing shop as a builder I feel they are great for many …Screwfix is an amazing shop as a builder I feel they are great for many many things. Try going to jewsons travis Perkins Homebase or any other builders merchants they just rip you off.

The trouble is if you are a builder they don't sell timber, bricks cement etc , only tools and sundries.
airfix8 h, 52 m ago

The trouble is if you are a builder they don't sell timber, bricks cement …The trouble is if you are a builder they don't sell timber, bricks cement etc , only tools and sundries.

No they don't but they sell many many things much cheaper than those places I mentioned which the trades people use everyday that's why most of them have a dedicated plumbing and electrics door and counter.
splatsplatsplat15 h, 18 m ago

They are pretty cheap for some things tho, Walk into homebase if you like …They are pretty cheap for some things tho, Walk into homebase if you like a spanking.

I think you are confused, that`s not Homebase you have been visiting at 1 a.m.
larrylightweight18 h, 36 m ago

Personally, I prefer toolstation as generality cheaper and free next day delivery if you spend over £10.
chocci14 h, 26 m ago

Personally, I prefer toolstation as generality cheaper and free next day …Personally, I prefer toolstation as generality cheaper and free next day delivery if you spend over £10.

Thanks just had a look and requested a catalogue no stores in my local area but worth a look all the same.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants