Screwfix returns. Check serial number?

Posted 4th Dec
Hi. I purchased and fitted a nest hello doorbell from Screwfix £150. I managed to pick another one up for £117 from city plumbing. If I return the sealed unit to Screwfix for a refund, will they check the serial number and reject it?

To complicate the matter, the sealed unit is Google branded (newer), the old one is nest branded.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Barcodes are the same
They’ll never check that they’ll just put it back on the shelf and sell to someone else
Thanks. My main concern being that it came from a central warehouse for click and collect
What about ask Screwfix for a price match, the return of they say no.
If the barcodes are the same you should be OK.
Probably not screfix. Somewhere like Apple would!
Screwfix staff can hardly check their shoes are tied round my way.

I don't think their staff or their systems are clued up on S/N so long as barcode matches what you are sold
360finder04/12/2019 23:24

Screwfix staff can hardly check their shoes are tied round my way.I don't …Screwfix staff can hardly check their shoes are tied round my way.I don't think their staff or their systems are clued up on S/N so long as barcode matches what you are sold

Thanks

Screwfix staff can hardly check their shoes are tied round my way.I don't …Screwfix staff can hardly check their shoes are tied round my way.I don't think their staff or their systems are clued up on S/N so long as barcode matches what you are sold

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions