Screwing electric back boxes to wall

Posted 14th Feb
can anyone reccomend a screw and plug type from screw fix for screwing double electric back boxes to wall as i am chasing out and fiitting them mysel f thanks in advanced for anyones help
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
If the surface you're screwing into is smooth / even, I like Rawlplug Uno and Screwfix Goldscrew, if it's uneven brick/block, an electrician recommended a blob of plasterboard adhesive. It worked wonders and was far easier than trying to drill.
Thanks
rmjowen14/02/2020 17:38

If the surface you're screwing into is smooth / even, I like Rawlplug Uno …If the surface you're screwing into is smooth / even, I like Rawlplug Uno and Screwfix Goldscrew, if it's uneven brick/block, an electrician recommended a blob of plasterboard adhesive. It worked wonders and was far easier than trying to drill.

Thak you what size gold screw would be best please
If something like a rawlplug and a screw is too complicated for you then are you the best person to sort out your electrics
Red rawplugs, toolstation.com/wal…128

30mm screws, toolstation.com/sin…114

Could use 35 or 40mm screws, toolstation.com/sin…863

5.5mm masonry bit. The plug should be a snug fit in the hole so you may need to give a gentle tap with a hammer to get it right in. Could use a 5mm bit in a soft wall such as Celcon blocks, or may need 6mm in hard brick or concrete.

You can use bonding or hardwall to fill the chase and tightly around the box, diy.com/sea…ter

Then fine filler or plaster to finish, diy.com/sea…und
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants