Scs faulty sofa delivered how much discount can I ask for?

Found 27th Jan
I had a sofa delivered from scs in November the delivery guys informed me the back cover was cut too short about 5-6 inches so doesn’t Velcro (it’s a four seater recliner) they told me to write on there sheets faulty not happy they took picks and called a number for me who booked in a technician (4 weeks later) to come out the delivery guys told me not to accept a repair as even tho it’s black leather it would not likely match they said decline it and get a replacement. Tech comes says back and top cover need to be replaced as its far too short I advised given what delivery guys and sales guy at time of sale when I considered adding the ottoman said ( if not ordered together leather may not match) I didn’t want it repaired he took note but I got a letter next week saying cover has been ordered will be delivered within 6 weeks. Called up advised I had rejected repair offer and gave reasons they guy begged me to give them a chance to repair it I felt bad you would honestly think he was paying for the sofa himself he mentioned something quickly about possible £80 discount but let’s see what we can do with repair first. I agreed then get a phone call 5 weeks later couldn’t give me technicians app for another 4 weeks he came the other day and before I could even look he said aw this isn’t really the same it’s much darker and more shiny. He took lots of photos and it was visably different (although guy on phone has assured me he had a simple of my sofa to match from) tech advised to decline repair. I’m reluctant to send it back and ask for a full replacement as after reading some forums I feel iv got lucky there isn’t worse wrong with it ( there is also puckering or dimpling on the main middle seat part I complained about tech said this is just result of it being a natural product it happens nothing can be done but doesn’t look great) so worried about requesting a replacement it’s not great the cover hangs at the back but liveble. I’m just looking for advise on how much discount to ask for it I keep the suite £80 seems very low to me for an item delivered faulty. Any advice would be great thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
19 Comments
You seem to have had many terrible customer service from them so why not return and buy from someone else? I wouldn't want them to have my money minus £80 if I were in your shoes.
Original Poster
MIDURIX4 m ago

You seem to have had many terrible customer service from them so why not …You seem to have had many terrible customer service from them so why not return and buy from someone else? I wouldn't want them to have my money minus £80 if I were in your shoes.

I know I probably should but the sofa was on sale when we got it so got a good deal and I love it we couldn’t find anything similar we liked our living room can’t take a corner so finding a four seater that we liked was hard this was the best choice we do really like it.
Reject it and buy somewhere else - sounds like you'll never be totally happy with it, and as midurix says, why give them the satisfaction.
They probably mention £80 as that is what it will cost them to pick it up and return it. They may be willing to go to £100-150 but I wouldn’t expect much more.
Is the sofa still available to buy from scs?
If it is I would definitely state that you have lost confidence in any further repairs that they may suggest and ask that they give you a replacement sofa.
As to some sort of discount, (if you decide to keep it),it depends on how much it cost. Rather than a monetary amount I would suggest 30% discount and go from there.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 27th Jan
Pretty disgusting they palmed you off with it in the first place, especially as they knew about the fault.
Why would you even accept it in the first place? I would of declined it on delivery and would never have signed anything.
Edited by: "lisa4rob09" 27th Jan
If every delivery continues to be (honestly) faulty, you’ll eventually get a full refund. I know people who got their sofas for free
Edited by: "geojo" 27th Jan
Just seems a bizarre quality control. Find a fault and deliver regardless. Treating customers like mugs.

I guess the delivery guys wanted to go back to depot empty that day.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 27th Jan
Original Poster
Hi I kept it as the delivery guys made it seem a better choice they were upfront in coming straight out telling me the fault when they found it whilst putting together they assured me I would get a replacement and at least got to keep the sofa till then I was so looking forward to having the sofa we got rid of our old one and with 2 young kids it was already getting a pain not having one for a couple days so I didn’t have a choice bar to keep it. It cost 1600 but should have been £2500 it was on offer it is still available at the higher cost.
Original Poster
masesmum283 m ago

Hi I kept it as the delivery guys made it seem a better choice they were …Hi I kept it as the delivery guys made it seem a better choice they were upfront in coming straight out telling me the fault when they found it whilst putting together they assured me I would get a replacement and at least got to keep the sofa till then I was so looking forward to having the sofa we got rid of our old one and with 2 young kids it was already getting a pain not having one for a couple days so I didn’t have a choice bar to keep it. It cost 1600 but should have been £2500 it was on offer it is still available at the higher cost.

Actually just checked online it’s not online there is one that looks very similar and name almost exactly the same but doesn’t come in black on black
Well if they are still selling the sofa I would expect a replacement, it's irrelevant what you paid and what it's now being sold for. What they've provided isn't fit for purpose and you've given them more than enough time to resolve it and they haven't.
are scs like dfs - always on sale?

Anyway - I'd reject and insist on replacement
If you accept it faulty, you’re accepting the product as it is
geojo41 m ago

If you accept it faulty, you’re accepting the product as it is

That's irrelevant after several people from the company have confirmed it's faulty.
With the poor quality and the saga of hassle I'd be looking for minimum 50% discount on what you paid OP.
I imagine they're desperate for you to keep it. Even if you really want to keep it be insistent about returning it until you get a deep discount. They'd have a job selling it to someone else.
My point is you shouldn’t have accepted it. I was just giving you advice I got from a national transport manager for furniture...
You have the right to request your FULL money back. Period.
They have known since delivery it's faulty,
You have all the cards in your hand, You no longer have to accept a repair (since 2015).
You should request a full refund, you have given them the chance to replace the part, they have failed.
FULL refund, do not accept a replacement.

It used to be you had to allow a first chance of repair, before replacement / refund.
You now have the option of replacement / refund / repair with compensation.

Ignore GEOJO comment, If you accept it faulty, you’re accepting the product as it is -- Untrue. documented on delivery.

I am an Upholstery service manager, 41 years doing the same job
Original Poster
Thanks everyone I really appreciate taking the time to write back. I know I probably should just get a refund but I actually really want to keep it or have a replacement as I really love the sofa and couldn’t find anything else we liked anywhere so would be happy with a decent discount. Il push them and il come back and let you know the outcome thanks.
Original Poster
Hi scs came back and said they would order a replacement he tried to talk me into another repair part in a really annoying way ‘ok so that part didn’t match what il do is order it again we now have an exact match for your sofa it will be here in...’ I told them no chance got a call back from someone else who said they would order replacement asked for money off instead, 40% basically laughed and said would email manufacturers ‘I thought they were’ to ask but probably not. Came back to me saying £140 off was the max. I declined and let them order a new one I keep the old one till it’s ready. I’m really anxious it’s going to be thru together to be honest but will have to wait and see.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants