Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
deleted254180
Why didn't you measure it beforehand
windym05/02/2019 22:29

Which is what? Do you have a copy?

Lol, sorry no. I kinda thought OP could spin over the order form to have a look !
No wonder companies go bust with people trying to scam them all the time.
Error is on your behalf, you should of measured it and worked it out first.
49 Comments
What is their returns policy - you bought in store so a change of mind isn't necessarily open to you. Which leads me to the question, what is the reason for return?
They take up too much space tbh
Abit too much
windym05/02/2019 22:16

What is their returns policy - you bought in store so a change of mind …What is their returns policy - you bought in store so a change of mind isn't necessarily open to you. Which leads me to the question, what is the reason for return?

abdul505/02/2019 22:16

They take up too much space tbh

"If you have placed your order in one of our stores, please refer to the Terms and Conditions on the reverse of your order form."

AndyRoyd05/02/2019 22:22

"If you have placed your order in one of our stores, please refer to the …"If you have placed your order in one of our stores, please refer to the Terms and Conditions on the reverse of your order form."

windym05/02/2019 22:29

Lol, sorry no. I kinda thought OP could spin over the order form to have a look !
AndyRoyd13 m ago

Lol, sorry no. I kinda thought OP could spin over the order form to have a …Lol, sorry no. I kinda thought OP could spin over the order form to have a look !

Ah, thought you were going to say you bought one last week....!

OP, down to you.
What should I say
With an in-store purchase you probably won't have a hope in hell of getting a refund and returning it.
Ok
So what would I do after that.....
Anything would be useful
abdul505/02/2019 23:50

Ok So what would I do after that.....Anything would be useful

Not available / delivered on time; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered design; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered material; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered shade; unacceptably poor assembly / workmanship; some other plausibly unacceptable defect.
AndyRoyd06/02/2019 00:40

Not available / delivered on time; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered …Not available / delivered on time; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered design; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered material; unacceptably dissimilar from the ordered shade; unacceptably poor assembly / workmanship; some other plausibly unacceptable defect.

It was an In store clearance one.......and I’ve got 2 on order for 6 weeks
abdul506/02/2019 00:41

It was an In store clearance one.......and I’ve got 2 on order for 6 weeks

Unacceptably worn / deteriorated from time of purchase to time of delivery (meaning too many bums on seats since you ordered it) ?
AndyRoyd06/02/2019 00:43

Unacceptably worn / deteriorated from time of purchase to time of delivery …Unacceptably worn / deteriorated from time of purchase to time of delivery (meaning too many bums on seats since you ordered it) ?

I want my refund....will this get me it ?
Also won’t they have to verify it or just take word of mouth
AndyRoyd06/02/2019 00:43

Unacceptably worn / deteriorated from time of purchase to time of delivery …Unacceptably worn / deteriorated from time of purchase to time of delivery (meaning too many bums on seats since you ordered it) ?

Plus it’s fabric sofas
Doesn’t the bumps apply to leather ones ?
abdul506/02/2019 00:44

I want my refund....will this get me it ? Also won’t they have to verify i …I want my refund....will this get me it ? Also won’t they have to verify it or just take word of mouth

Your reason for refund would have to be plausible. If the product doesn't look any different to when you ordered it and there is no defect, the only hope of refund is gesture of goodwill from merchant.
abdul506/02/2019 00:45

Plus it’s fabric sofas Doesn’t the bumps apply to leather ones ?

I said bums and I meant bums (meaning people sitting on the product in the shop), but if a few bumps have appeared then there is your get out of jail unacceptable defect.
AndyRoyd7 m ago

Your reason for refund would have to be plausible. If the product doesn't …Your reason for refund would have to be plausible. If the product doesn't look any different to when you ordered it and there is no defect, the only hope of refund is gesture of goodwill from merchant.

What are the chances with these lot?
Would the excuse of deteriorating be enough ?
AndyRoyd06/02/2019 00:50

I said bums and I meant bums (meaning people sitting on the product in the …I said bums and I meant bums (meaning people sitting on the product in the shop), but if a few bumps have appeared then there is your get out of jail unacceptable defect.

I see
If I knew before about the hassle of return from in store purchases I would have thought twice
Feel like am in a pickle ?
deleted254180
Why didn't you measure it beforehand
I reckon just a whole while easier to cut your losses as shift it on gumtree.
abdul57 h, 43 m ago

I see If I knew before about the hassle of return from in store purchases …I see If I knew before about the hassle of return from in store purchases I would have thought twice Feel like am in a pickle ?

It's a sofa not a sweater of course there will be hassle your trying to send a used sofa back and all sofa companies will be the same in terms of returns for Instore. You won't be able to return it with most but you probably can exchange it down to good will of you prefer being truthful.
Edited by: "MR1123" 6th Feb 2019
dufflecoat_moon_turkey05/02/2019 23:21

Comment deleted

Do you mean lie? So far the only issue is it takes up too much room. One of the first things people plan for when buying the single largest item of furniture in their house.
Hmmm.....anyone else with any other input
You have got little hope of a refund unless they take pity on you which is extremely unlikely. Best option would be to sell it on at a loss.
What about the sofa i have on order for 6 weeks ?
The were quick to get my signature and never mentioned the no cancellation or non refund but once if I knew would have thought twice plus he said he’ll give me discount if I paid full
Which I did
abdul53 m ago

The were quick to get my signature and never mentioned the no cancellation …The were quick to get my signature and never mentioned the no cancellation or non refund but once if I knew would have thought twice plus he said he’ll give me discount if I paid full Which I did

There is no need for them to mention cancellation/refund rights as they don't need to offer them in-store for a change of mind.

Does your receipt mention any cancellation/refund rights?
Says somethings for within 7 days of order
No wonder companies go bust with people trying to scam them all the time.
Error is on your behalf, you should of measured it and worked it out first.
abdul522 m ago

What about the sofa i have on order for 6 weeks ?

You could probably cancel them.
abdul506/02/2019 08:53

Hmmm.....anyone else with any other input

Oh I know, ask them. You have no rights to return it if the item is not faulty. A change of mind is not a legal right to return.
Companies can give you additional options, based on their own policies.
You have no hope mate. My uncle has had no end of trouble with this company. He ordered a leather sofa, had it 6 months and the springs come away from the sofa and ripped his carpet. Scs send out a guy to repair it in his living room which would of taken 4-6 hours according to the guy as the leather had to be pulled back. My uncles refused this as it couldn’t be done at the weekend and he works during the week. Because he refused that they point blank refused to help so he got in-contact with a solicitor who advised him to take them to court. While the case was been sorted they sent him a few threatening letters, saying they would take the case all the way and he would have to pay all there fees. A few days before the case they called him and offered a full credit refund and also replacing the carpet. Took just over 12 months from start to finish.
dufflecoat_moon_turkey06/02/2019 10:03

Comment deleted

For him to ‘change’ his reason, unless true is a lie. People need to learn from mistakes, not expect someone else to foot the bill.
I’ve made various expensive mistakes, I should learn more than I have. However it’s my burden to deal with it, even if it involves me taking a loss.

The OP is the one sitting, excuse the pun, with the paperwork. They need to read it and make a call to see what can be done. It’s not like the store haven’t heard the, it’s too big to fit properly complaint before.
Oneday7706/02/2019 09:52

...A change of mind is not a legal right to return. Companies can give you …...A change of mind is not a legal right to return. Companies can give you additional options, based on their own policies.

No-cost change of mind available for 14days from delivery if it was a distance sale (view in shop, step outside, phone-in to order & pay / send any signed paper order form by post - assuming those order options are available). Merchant covers cost of original delivery; buyer covers cost of no-defect return.
AndyRoyd10 m ago

No-cost change of mind available for 14days from delivery if it was a …No-cost change of mind available for 14days from delivery if it was a distance sale (view in shop, step outside, phone-in to order & pay / send any signed paper order form by post - assuming those order options are available). Merchant covers cost of original delivery; buyer covers cost of no-defect return.

OP mentioned it was bought in store, was going on that premise.
AndyRoyd32 m ago

No-cost change of mind available for 14days from delivery if it was a …No-cost change of mind available for 14days from delivery if it was a distance sale (view in shop, step outside, phone-in to order & pay / send any signed paper order form by post - assuming those order options are available). Merchant covers cost of original delivery; buyer covers cost of no-defect return.

which as you know isn't relevant to this thread
AndyRoyd43 m ago

What do you here ?
Mean*
deleted1080215
A lesson learned here, hopefully. We bought a sofa from Next. Thought it would be expensive, but turned out cheaper than scs because scs ramp the price up with 'extras' such as scotchgard, better quality filling etc. Next included this, and they will swap or refund if there is anything you don't like - even it's too large for the space.
I know you bought ex display, so no extras added unless they scotchguarded for you. So I hold out little to no hope for a refund. Maybe a px for something more suitable.
Edited by: "deleted1080215" 6th Feb 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants