Groups

Scs sofa.. terrible leather

hi guys!

well I ordered a sofa back in march from SCS.. was told 6 weeks delivery.

there were delays in the sofa being made due to fabric issues, the leather part being not up to standard.

fast forward to today and my sofa arrives. . however.. the leather part (its part leather part fabric) has areas of dryness, roughness and cracking. it looks like its already been used for some length of time, its horrible to touch and not soft and smooth as it is in other areas. I phoned the manager and told him I wanted to refuse delivery. he saud I cant do that but will send somebody out next week to take a look.

am I within my right to have this sofa taken away? im not really prepared to wait x amount of weeks for it to be rectifyed or replaced etc.. I waited so long for it to be delivered with various promised dates and having been told these delays were due to faulty leather yet they deliver it with what I believe to be terrible quality leather that already looks old before its time anyway
    Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

14 Comments

yes tell them to collect it now and try to get your cash back

you should have refused delivery

You should have stuck your ground and refused delivery.

Original Poster

I did tell the manager that I wanted to refuse it and he said itd be the same process of someone going to the warehpuse to inspect it which eould take longer as there warehouse is not local to here.. and he said I could use it as a "loan" sofa till it gets sorted

Original Poster

oops sorry for atrocious spellings... multitasking right now hehe

they said they will sort it, what else can you want from them?

Good luck, from what I have heard you will need it dealing with them, just google scs + poor quality.

make sure you take some pictures of it as it is now so when being inspected they dont try and say you have made it like that.
    if you payed by credit card and your not happy with there inspection results just start a section 75 with card company

Original Poster

hubby has taken photos.. I dont own a credit card but paid a deposit by debit card and have a credit agreement for the remaining balance. im so Disappointed and worried like pp said they will try to say I made the leather dry and cracked

because you reported it the same day as it arrived there is no way they can try yo blame you for any defects as you have not had it long enough to cause damage

if it was me i would contact the company that has given you the credit and explain whats going on and that you wont be paying till its all sorted to your satisfaction

gorgeouseyes

I did tell the manager that I wanted to refuse it and he said itd be the … I did tell the manager that I wanted to refuse it and he said itd be the same process of someone going to the warehpuse to inspect it which eould take longer as there warehouse is not local to here.. and he said I could use it as a "loan" sofa till it gets sorted

Do not use it - make them collect it asap - it's not fit for purpose Consumer rights when buying a sofa if you use it they could potentially deny the conversation about "loan sofa" or even state that becuase you've used it you accepted it

Take photos - get it in writing about their agreement to use (loan sofa) and that it will not affect your rights to reject

critster

if it was me i would contact the company that has given you the credit … if it was me i would contact the company that has given you the credit and explain whats going on and that you wont be paying till its all sorted to your satisfaction

not a good idea.

You should have known not to buy from them cos of the f**king annoying bird in the adverts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save47
      2. Tooth extraction88
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      4. Box Nation44

See more discussions