Expired

Scs vs dfs

Found 30th Dec 2014
I am looking for a new sofa but don't no where to go as the reviews of both company have bad things, any reviews would be helpful
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
this web site is relatively good.
http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.dfs.co.uk
I bought my sofa from CSL (now called 'sofaworks' I wonder why?)
it was all very good when buying all that promised 5 years no quibble warranty.
when my sofa started to sink in they wanted £47 (not refundable) to come and check!!!
I would not recommend CSL.

I bought mine from DFS - Service was great, delivered on time as promised. Sofa has been used now for 6 months, no sign of wear.
Original Poster
Thank you I didn't no get a new sofa could be so hard x
hrees

Thank you I didn't no get a new sofa could be so hard x

buying is easy part... its when something goes wrong, fun starts.
Original Poster
littel helper

buying is easy part... its when something goes wrong, fun starts.

That's why I am looking for a decent company, because I'm not very lucky when it comes to furniture x
how about IKEA. they have decent customer services I hear. I had small issue in the past with something I had bought. hands on heart they were really good dealing with it.
Original Poster
littel helper

how about IKEA. they have decent customer services I hear. I had small … how about IKEA. they have decent customer services I hear. I had small issue in the past with something I had bought. hands on heart they were really good dealing with it.

I didn't even think of IKEA I will have a look on there website now x
Banned
If you go for either DFS or SCS they both offer cashback on topcashback.

I decided what I wanted (for my son) in store, couldn't get any discount was hard pressured into extras so walked out. Ordered the same sofas from scs online and got £75 cashback and no pressure....SCS have the same bad press they all have but we had a problem on delivery differing shades but they are exchanging for new ones, quickly sorted.

I would highly recommend online buying...obviously after visting and deciding on the sofas you want.

Bought some DFS sofas about 7 years ago they're still going strong after a few modifications by myself! After a year two of the seats were sinking DFS service man came down and suggested that we sit evenly on all seats! Yeah like that's how you are meant to sit on them, I sit where I want to sit! I realised the bands under the seats were cutting into the foam so I laid out folded bin liners in between and that did the trick and still going!
Quick, DFS have their sale on, Must end soon............
I bought a 3, 2 and rocking chair from harveys nearly a year ago. They are all (manual) recliners. The chair, I love. The 2 is ok but the 3 feels as though its gonna fall apart. Its the way they have been built to accommodate the recliners. The padding seems to be going a bit faster than I would like too. I have had them out to it a few times but they just seem to make it worse. I wont be going back there again.
longbowassassin

http://www.saxonleather.co.uk/http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.saxonleather.co.uk

+1
Find a good small local furniture maker, I found one, they made my suite to order, even let me inspect it while it was being made and it cost far less than the likes of the big boys, that mainly import cheap tat from China.
.....The bird on the SCS advert is definitely 'way-fitter' than the dfs one, so I suggest scs, on the basis that she would be more fun to do press-ups with, then go for scs.......just make sure you pay abit extra for 'scotch guard' .....to make sure that those stains don't ruin the sofa '
Chumba_Wumba

.....The bird on the SCS advert is definitely 'way-fitter' than the dfs … .....The bird on the SCS advert is definitely 'way-fitter' than the dfs one, so I suggest scs, on the basis that she would be more fun to do press-ups with, then go for scs.......just make sure you pay abit extra for 'scotch guard' .....to make sure that those stains don't ruin the sofa '

I used to work in warehouse where company used to deliver for Laura Ashley and Habitat. we used to apply this 'scotch guard' to the furniture. believe me this is a total waste of money. delivery company used to buy this scotch guard solution in bulk in plastic containers we simply use like fence sprayer to apply. I remember seeing invoice for this solution it was like 20-30 quid for 20 litters. enough to use on 10-15 3piece suites. what a rip-off for customers. of course end of the day its upto individuals. I personally would not bother.
Try Harveys. Excellent customer service.
In my opinion, asking what's best between dfs and scs is like being asked if you'd rather be shot or stabbed....!
Try ikea or look around local furniture shops. There are plenty of places around.
Harvey's I know have stores with clearance stock ( ex display / cancelled orders) for cheap, also John Lewis do the same.
littel helper

I used to work in warehouse where company used to deliver for Laura … I used to work in warehouse where company used to deliver for Laura Ashley and Habitat. we used to apply this 'scotch guard' to the furniture. believe me this is a total waste of money. delivery company used to buy this scotch guard solution in bulk in plastic containers we simply use like fence sprayer to apply. I remember seeing invoice for this solution it was like 20-30 quid for 20 litters. enough to use on 10-15 3piece suites. what a rip-off for customers. of course end of the day its upto individuals. I personally would not bother.

I take your point...but I had to lift my head up to hear it....as my own 'little-helper' is giving the scs-girl abit of a Christmas-Stuffing on the sofa if you catch my drift
Chumba_Wumba

I take your point...but I had to lift my head up to hear it....as my own … I take your point...but I had to lift my head up to hear it....as my own 'little-helper' is giving the scs-girl abit of a Christmas-Stuffing on the sofa if you catch my drift

I was little late........ LOL...X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions