Groups

Sd card for a Wii

I got a Wii for my daughter, just wondered what sort of sd go in there, can you use anyone or do it have to be one for a wii

Do you have to use this one play.com/Ele…tml

Or could I use this play.com/Ele…tml

Im not sure so thought I would ask you lot LOL

8 Comments

Supermod

You can use any SD.

Both will work , personally would go with 4gb. :thumbsup:

Edit. just spotted this...

Most any SD card 2GB and smaller will work on the Wii, but SDHC (4GB and … Most any SD card 2GB and smaller will work on the Wii, but SDHC (4GB and larger) either won't, or won't be able to see/use the full size of the card.

Make sure it's just standard SD though, mine won't pick up SDHC!

Original Poster

Thanks all, If I got a 2gb how much would it hold, I know it's a 2gb but what I mean is when you download the games on there what is the average size of a game, would a 2gb take sometime to fill up or could she get alot of stuff on it.

Sorry for all the questions

I thought the newer updated wii's had sdhc capability

masterruckus;6412193

They do Once you're on firmware 4.0 or higher it'll recognise them.

philmitchell;6411390

Thanks all, If I got a 2gb how much would it hold, I know it's a 2gb but … Thanks all, If I got a 2gb how much would it hold, I know it's a 2gb but what I mean is when you download the games on there what is the average size of a game, would a 2gb take sometime to fill up or could she get alot of stuff on it.Sorry for all the questions

2gb will hold loads, unless your daughter is 24/7 gaming then she will be fine

Original Poster

masterruckus;6412193

midlandscomics;6412204

They do Once you're on firmware 4.0 or higher it'll recognise them.

dcx_badass;6412212

Yup firmware 4 or above can do SDHC.

masterruckus;6412244

2gb will hold loads, unless your daughter is 24/7 gaming then she will be … 2gb will hold loads, unless your daughter is 24/7 gaming then she will be fine

Thanks again guys, she is only 9 I will get a 4gb then so she don't moan in time that she has run out, plus it will do for the games that we get areself I updated the firmware when I put some of the free stuff out of the wii shop on for her the other day
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047156
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1932
      3. Cat Chat77736
      4. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44

See more discussions