Groups

SD Card Reader Windows 7 Problem

Just loaded Windows 7 on our other laptop. Everything is ok apart from the SD memory card reader which is not recognising any SD cards inserted.

It's a Sony Vaio CR31 (some of you may have also bought this from Littlewoods after a pricing error over a 18 months ago):

hotukdeals.com/ite…449

I've looked on Sony's site for drivers:

support.vaio.sony.eu/com…S_L

I downloaded the zip file for the memory card reader, but it doesn't seem to have the setup files to resolve the problem. I've also tried updating the drivers from Control Panel, but with no joy. Windows referring me back to Sony site for the drivers.

Anything else I can do?

5 Comments

u got the zip file and ran setup or u cant find the setup/exe file in the unzipped folder??

Doesn't look if Sony have no updated driver, which is odd as win 7 isn't new anymore.

One thing you can try if you've not already done it,
    click Start>right click on Computer>Click Manage>Click Device Manager, then look for the device with a yellow exclaimation mark next to it, should be something like 'memory technology driver' right click on the device in this section and select 'update driver software'.

worth a shot, but failing that contact Sony, had a few dealings with their customer service and was very impressed.

Original Poster

forest2002;8105928

Doesn't look if Sony have no updated driver, which is odd as win 7 isn't … Doesn't look if Sony have no updated driver, which is odd as win 7 isn't new anymore.One thing you can try if you've not already done it, click Start>right click on Computer>Click Manage>Click Device Manager, then look for the device with a yellow exclaimation mark next to it, should be something like 'memory technology driver' right click on the device in this section and select 'update driver software'. worth a shot, but failing that contact Sony, had a few dealings with their customer service and was very impressed.

Thanks. Already tried the device manager before I posted.

Will contact Sony tomorrow.

Hey it might be the reader it self? Some readers cannot read a card that is lets say around anything over 4Gb in my experience. Why not insert the card into another device that has a USB and then connect the usb to the PC?:)

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8107376

Just find out who makes the card reader and go to their site instead, I … Just find out who makes the card reader and go to their site instead, I never get drivers from PC manufacturers websites, they're always years out of date.

Didn't think of that.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1866
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3571334
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2035
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514147

See more discussions