Groups
    EXPIRED

SD Divx Player?

Is it possible to have an SD Card -> TV player that plays MPEGS, DivX etc and where could I get one?

Be far more convenient that keep burning CD's :roll:

Sure somebody on here mentioned they were on Ebay, but I've had a look and all I can find is DVD players with an SD slot...

Thanks!

11 Comments

how about this one:

savapoint.co.uk/sav…d=1

i bought it yesterday heard its got good reviews!

Original Poster

Hi Roadie - that looks quite good - though I was wanting in particular just a stand alone SD player (if one exists!?).

I already have a multi-region DVD-Recorder, dont really want another whole box under the TV again.

oh ryt dont know then!
    lol btw what dvd recorder do u have?does it record in divx?

* Playback via SD, MMC and Memory Stick cards (image and music files)

maybe something like this...]http//cg…tem

Original Poster

roadie

oh ryt dont know then!lol btw what dvd recorder do u have?does it record … oh ryt dont know then!lol btw what dvd recorder do u have?does it record in divx?

Just a cheapie - brought it only to record stuff off of Sky+ - only burns to DVD format.

Original Poster

shanecr

maybe something like … maybe something like this...]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HDD-Player-AV-Portable-FM-sender-HOST-MPEG-SD-MMC-OTG_W0QQitemZ330038830071QQihZ014QQcategoryZ15055QQcmdZViewItem

That does look like the sort of thing, but the description doesnt mention about streaming straight from the SD card to TV - only that you can transfer from the card to the (non-enclosed) HDD.

I will look into this one further though - thanks!

Original Poster

cutthroat_jake

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?]Mustek PVR-H140 … Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?]Mustek PVR-H140 Multifunctional Personal Video RecorderOr there's one with a DVD player too. I bought one for my son for Christmas.]Mustek PL8C70 7inch Portable DVD Player:pirate: CJ :pirate:

Thanks Cutthroat - looking on a budget though! I know those PVR are cool - take it you can connect it to TV output?

pboreham

Thanks Cutthroat - looking on a budget though! I know those PVR are cool … Thanks Cutthroat - looking on a budget though! I know those PVR are cool - take it you can connect it to TV output?

I guess so.........

"The unit includes a built-in microphone and speaker, an SD/MMC card slot, an AV input and output, a USB port and an earphone jack."

:pirate: CJ :pirate:

guys... if you go to ebay, and type in SD divx player.. they're as low as 20 quid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      3. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914

See more discussions