Expired

SD or HDD Camcorder help needed Please!!!

10 replies
Found 30th Oct 2008
Hi, I've got a very old Sony tape camcorder but now i want to buy on of these new sd card or hdd camcorders but haven't a clue what's good for the money, i have around £200 to spend on one, i know that i may not get a harddrive one for that but as long as it's one that i could connect to the pc and maybe edit the videos, i've seen a few on Argos (link below) but don't know if they are good for the money.

I'd be greatful for any help giving.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

9 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, that's the same sony camcorder i've got, mines is still working great even after 6 years but i am finding it hard to transfer the tapes to the computer, so i just want to make it more easy for me by buy an up to date hard drive or sd card camcorder.

Anyone recommend one for me? :?

Original Poster

Can someone please tell me if the JVC MG330 30GB Hard Drive Camcorder is any good and is it worth the £199.99 well £189.99 with the free Argos £10 voucher.

I really need to know the best harddrive camcorder for under £200

This one looks like a cracking deal on Amazon...

amazon.co.uk/HD-…8-3

Steve

Original Poster

freebiehunter;3333835

This one looks like a cracking deal on … This one looks like a cracking deal on Amazon...http://www.amazon.co.uk/HD-8Z-DIGITAL-1080P-DEFINITION-CAMERA/dp/B001IVN9XK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225439059&sr=8-3Steve

Hi Steve, That looks like an excellent camcorder but i can't find anywhere else selling it apart from people on ebay and just that one on your link, i would really feel better buying one from a well known shop, thanks anyway and heat & rep added for you.:thumbsup:

Anyone else?;-)

Original Poster

I am just going to go for the ]http//ww…htm as i just haven't a clue which is best, so i hope that this one will let me copy the videos from it to my pc, does anyone have this camcorder? will it let me do that so i can edit the videos?

daveshop;3339208

I am just going to go for the … I am just going to go for the ]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0570451/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C10198049/c_2/2%7Ccat_10198049%7CCamcorders%7C10198106.htm as i just haven't a clue which is best, so i hope that this one will let me copy the videos from it to my pc, does anyone have this camcorder? will it let me do that so i can edit the videos?

You'll be able to transfer files to your PC, the computer will detect the camcorder drive and you can then copy/paste or export to a program etc.

Steve

Original Poster

Thanks again for your help:thumbsup: that's what i needed was a camcorder to link it to the pc as i will be more better than my old sony one.

Original Poster

Just let anyone know that i went to Argos on sunday and bought the JVC MG330 30GB Hard Drive Camcorder but i am taking it back tomorrow as the video quality is really **** on it, it's worse than my old Sony camcorder.

I am going to try the Panasonic SDR7 Flash Camcorder, do anyone think this one will be better quality than the JVC?

i need one with a AV IN for my bullet cam !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247552
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983225
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183

See more discussions