Groups

SD/SDHC CARDS FOR CAMERS

just looking trough manual for new camer. can anyone please explain the diference between 1and2gb SD which it takes or a 4 to 16gb SDHC which obviously holds more pics its theSD/SDHC bit i do not know the difference between thanks for for clarifying this to a real numpty

7 Comments

HD is High Definition which may not be compatible with some older models, so check that your device is compatible before buying HD. HTH

I think the HC refers to high capacity. Cards over 2gb tend to be sdhc although I have heard of but not seen 4gb sd cards. If your manual mentions sdhc as compatible I'd go for that as they are only around £6.50 delivered from Amazon and a 4gb card will hold loads of photo's. If not just buy a 2gb sd which will still hold a lot of photos and probably cost about £4.

Original Poster

camera states I can use Xd-Picture card....SD CARD512MB 1GB AND 2GB AND 4,8, OR 16GB SDHC
    I just wanted to know the difference between SD AND SDHC
    Thanks

HC is High capacity and is standard for any card over 2gb.

Original Poster

Burty;7337551

I think the HC refers to high capacity. Cards over 2gb tend to be sdhc … I think the HC refers to high capacity. Cards over 2gb tend to be sdhc although I have heard of but not seen 4gb sd cards. If your manual mentions sdhc as compatible I'd go for that as they are only around £6.50 delivered from Amazon and a 4gb card will hold loads of photo's. If not just buy a 2gb sd which will still hold a lot of photos and probably cost about £4.

Thanks very much..think I might go for 4HDSC
    will check out amazon
    rep added

Original Poster

karagh;7337617

Thanks very much..think I might go for 4HDSCwill check out amazonrep added

The hc stands for high capacity. looks exact same as sd but won't work unless device is compatible with sdhc.
    Confused now though because xd is a different size, unless there is a adaptor?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…33
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767175
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1947
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2527

See more discussions