Groups

Seagate 500GB Expansion Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive (2.5") question

For some reason it is now cheaper to buy the hard drive with enclosure, than just buying the internal hard drive on amazon.

amazon.co.uk/Sea…1-2

I was thinking about buying one of these and taking it apart to use the hard drive in a PS3.

Anyone know if it is a sata drive inside, and if the enclosure can be opened up easily to remove the drive?

3 Comments

I have bought a few Seagate drives, and have always found that the enclosure contains a regular SATA drive. I have then put the old drive from the PS3 into the enclosure to use as a portable drive.

Original Poster

thesaint

I have bought a few Seagate drives, and have always found that the … I have bought a few Seagate drives, and have always found that the enclosure contains a regular SATA drive. I have then put the old drive from the PS3 into the enclosure to use as a portable drive.

yes that was my idea too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285998
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions