Groups

Seagate/Samsung Hard drive in Ps4 Lag

Hi I have just replaced my stock hdd with a 2TB Samsung hdd that came in a seagate caddy. I've placed it in fine and installed firmware etc. but now the hdd makes much more noise which isn't much of a bother but it also lags. Like gameplay just stutters for a split second happens like every 10-15 seconds very annoying never happened with the old drive. Anyone else have this problem or know anything about hdd to help me. Thanks

3 Comments

I read on here somewhere that the PS4 requires a 5400rpm hard drive, not 7200, which you may have...? In saying that, I've found nothing by Googling and there is no mention of this requirement on the PlayStation support guide for upgrading the hard drive. What drive did you put in it? Brand, model, new/used?

Original Poster

Comment

GrantG182

I read on here somewhere that the PS4 requires a 5400rpm hard drive, not … I read on here somewhere that the PS4 requires a 5400rpm hard drive, not 7200, which you may have...? In saying that, I've found nothing by Googling and there is no mention of this requirement on the PlayStation support guide for upgrading the hard drive. What drive did you put in it? Brand, model, new/used?

It's a Samsung ST2000LM003 it's a new drive I'm sure it's a 5400 rpm. I'm gonna take drive out and reinstall firmware again when I get a chance might work

Original Poster

crazyfool1

CommentIt's a Samsung ST2000LM003 it's a new drive I'm sure it's a 5400 … CommentIt's a Samsung ST2000LM003 it's a new drive I'm sure it's a 5400 rpm. I'm gonna take drive out and reinstall firmware again when I get a chance might work

So it turned out that I over-tightened the screws in the caddy and just loosened them a bit and hey presto it worked.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. any meerkat codes please for this next week 21st aug11
      2. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?22
      3. VF retentions: £14pm - 20GB, unlim mins and texts21
      4. Music download67

See more discussions