Sealed Apple Watch of eBay

Found 1st May
If I purchase a sealed Apple Watch of eBay. Will I get UK WARRANTY by apple?

Thanks
Community Updates
12 Comments
Nope (or slightly less simply 'of course not'). End user purchaser is Apple's preferred phraseology. Unless you can get a receipt to prove UK/EU purchase for cash and know where and when it was purchased.

On eScam, its very probably hot or grey.

But if its a business seller, you get their warranty if they are selling it as new and, assuming you pay over £100, buy it on a direct credit card transaction (ie not via Paypal) and you have S75 protection.
More than likely you will, ask for the serial number and you can check it. Apple are pretty good with this because they keep track of serial numbers and don’t require a receipt

it will be from when the seller purchased it though
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 1st May
Yes, Apple just goes by the serial number to validate warranty. That's what an Apple rep confirmed to me on live chat
They never ask for a receipt.

If it's still under warranty you'll be able to use it...
ccnp19 m ago

Nope (or slightly less simply 'of course not'). End user purchaser is …Nope (or slightly less simply 'of course not'). End user purchaser is Apple's preferred phraseology. Unless you can get a receipt to prove UK/EU purchase for cash and know where and when it was purchased.On eScam, its very probably hot or grey. But if its a business seller, you get their warranty if they are selling it as new and, assuming you pay over £100, buy it on a direct credit card transaction (ie not via Paypal) and you have S75 protection.

Completely wrong inf
Forgot to add that Apple has global warranty...
Dannyrobbo41 m ago

More than likely you will, ask for the serial number and you can check it. …More than likely you will, ask for the serial number and you can check it. Apple are pretty good with this because they keep track of serial numbers and don’t require a receiptit will be from when the seller purchased it though

I think it needs to be activated before the warranty starts... If it's still sealed the device shouldn't be activated yet and have the full warranty.
hearts223 m ago

I think it needs to be activated before the warranty starts... If it's …I think it needs to be activated before the warranty starts... If it's still sealed the device shouldn't be activated yet and have the full warranty.

I have always had sealed phones and the Apple Watch and always had warranty. If he has purchased it and is selling it on it will still have Apple warranty.
Infractionboi31 m ago

Completely wrong inf

Odd since I actually bothered to check the apple UK web site. I take it all of you did the same? You a) must have found completely different information and b) been told something different by Apple staff.

Still leaves the 'hot' option. And the OP still gets warranty from the seller if its a business (Consumer Rights act 2015).
Dannyrobbo8 m ago

I have always had sealed phones and the Apple Watch and always had …I have always had sealed phones and the Apple Watch and always had warranty. If he has purchased it and is selling it on it will still have Apple warranty.

Yeah... We are agreeing. I mean, with iPhones for example you have to activate it when you first use it and have the sim card in...

If the iPhone has never been turned on the warranty won't have started yet so doesn't matter when it was bought if it's still sealed and unused the warranty won't have started yet.
I mean that by activation. Not the activation of the warranty but of the device.
Edited by: "hearts22" 1st May
ccnp2 m ago

Odd since I actually bothered to check the apple UK web site. I take it …Odd since I actually bothered to check the apple UK web site. I take it all of you did the same? You a) must have found completely different information and b) been told something different by Apple staff.Still leaves the 'hot' option. And the OP still gets warranty from the seller if its a business (Consumer Rights act 2015).

Personal experience... Doesn't matter how you purchased it... If it's under warranty according to the serial number you can use the warranty and whenever I went to the Apple store no one ever asked me for a receipt to repair the device.

The Apple representative also told me the same so no reason to think they want a receipt
Edited by: "hearts22" 1st May
Just check the serial number. If Apple recognises a valid purchase date they won't need to see receipts.

That would be just about the only instance where they might need to see a receipt in order to establish when the device was bought.
Normally this never happens..
ccnp3 h, 57 m ago

Odd since I actually bothered to check the apple UK web site. I take it …Odd since I actually bothered to check the apple UK web site. I take it all of you did the same? You a) must have found completely different information and b) been told something different by Apple staff.Still leaves the 'hot' option. And the OP still gets warranty from the seller if its a business (Consumer Rights act 2015).

Just personal experience, no idea what it says on the Apple website but I have bought phones on Ebay and New and I have never struggled with Apple warranty or been asked about a receipt. I mean the very fact you have to have the iCloud account info for a service pretty much proves ownership far more than a piece of paper.

It’s really hard to buy an Apple Watch from an unauthorised distributor given how funny Apple are about who sells their stuff in particular the watches.

Ask for the serial and check it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants