search engine for all deal sites?

Found 19th Jan 2008
does such a thing exist i.e. a search engine that specifically searches ukhotdeals, moneysavingexpert etc ..? thought i might create one with google cse if not.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

you mean like a mega kind of search engine that will combine all forums deals thats been found and just listed all the hottest deals in front of you? not that i know of.
I only know of the ones who compare prices of items but not through member finding forum type dealing sites

Banned

does such a thing exist i.e. a search engine that specifically searches … does such a thing exist i.e. a search engine that specifically searches ukhotdeals, moneysavingexpert etc ..? thought i might create one with google cse if not.

Not quite sure what you mean by search engine in this context?

Never heard of CSE, but it sounds like its refering to the XML files - better known as RSS. I'm sure there are a fair few out there, but not come across one. Certainly one exisits that dynamically feeds from hukd thats been mentioned in ]another thread.

You might like to have a read!!!!!

However, there certainly is a site that seems to skim various retailer sites to pick up their "deal of the day" and such like. Cant think of the name off hand - but I know its well known - since many of their "finds" end up here (and not the other way round!)

Original Poster

cse = custom search engines. it allows you to create your own search engine focusing on sites you tell it to search, its faily clever actually and if you dig into it a bit there are some nice features like 'refinements'. Created a very simple one for searching for deals/vouchers/reviews. Its not real-time of course but google seems to index sites like HDUK pretty fast anyway.
here it is have a play - its not for profit but something that might be useful for all!
google.com/coo…owm
any other sites I should add?

Banned

jklondon;1479778

cse = custom search engines. it allows you to create your own search … cse = custom search engines. it allows you to create your own search engine focusing on sites you tell it to search, its faily clever actually and if you dig into it a bit there are some nice features like 'refinements'. Created a very simple one for searching for deals/vouchers/reviews. Its not real-time of course but google seems to index sites like HDUK pretty fast anyway.here it is have a play - its not for profit but something that might be useful for all! http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=008138323471512990578%3Axf18dlabowmany other sites I should add?

Nice search mate :thumbsup:

Maybe add best-dvd-price.co.uk/

cheers - will bookmark it.

Original Poster

ok will take a look - this thing works best for unstructured sites that contain valuable info locked away in forums such as this place and HUKD - its not an alernative to a price comparison site but it would be nice I guess to have that as well in the same view perhaps...?
Post a comment
@
    Text