Search is on for Las Vegas...Any Tips???

Posted 10th Jan
Hi

So I’m hoping to book a trip to Vegas for my partners 40th. He’s 40 in December but I’m open to going after then, up to say April 2021 maybe.

I know Virgin also do multitrips which include Vegas but have yet to research if this is in my budget or not. I’m also open to the possibility of a multi trip, whereby my partner and I book what he thinks is a standard holiday, but I pay additional amount to turn it into a multi trip and include Vegas.

Has anyone got any tips; if there’s a best time to book (eg the earlier the better?), where best to research (Virgin, Expedia, all??), whether you book package or flights and accom separately? Etc etc

I’m so out of touch with booking holidays (partner normally books holidays and I book the city breaks...we do share the cost mind u!)
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Avoid Vegas, total rip-off for just rubbish.
BA is typically cheaper than Virgin.
I’ve booked for May, which I found the cheapest for the next 6 months, but usually fly out around the 20th November for 8 days which historically is the cheapest month of all.
Lots to do, plenty of choice, free places to visit and you don’t have to gamble to enjoy yourselves.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 10th Jan
Toptrumpet10/01/2020 10:28

BA is typically cheaper than Virgin. I’ve booked for May, which I found t …BA is typically cheaper than Virgin. I’ve booked for May, which I found the cheapest for the next 6 months, but usually fly out around the 20th November for 8 days which historically is the cheapest month of all.Lots to do, plenty of choice, free places to visit and you don’t have to gamble to enjoy yourselves.

Do you find package deals better or flights and accommodation separately?
If I do look at a multi trip, would you say 3-5 days for example is too short to experience Vegas?
I would suggest you just focus on going to Las Vegas (11.5 hrs flight). I find that people who only spend 3 or so days there don’t get the full experience and often ‘rubbish’ the place.
If you spend time doing the legwork of researching prices, accommodation etc then you can often bag the best deal by booking the package as a whole with the airline direct. This week I researched Virgin versus BA to Las Vegas, and I came to the conclusion that Virgin’s economy seats are about £20 cheaper than BA’s premium economy. The hotel’s star rating vary enormously and as the strip is very long, you need to decide where the best place to stay is versus price. Also don’t forget to factor in the nightly resort fees that are payable locally. There is easily enough to keep you out of trouble for a week, and if you need any more help or input, I’d be willing to help you.
I haven’t found booking separately or via an agent to be any cheaper.
I highly recommend the show R.U.N. If you plan on seeing a show book tickets from one of the booths in the street for the same day to get a decent discount. Be warned though food and drink on the Vegas strip is very expensive.
Wadda10/01/2020 17:13

I highly recommend the show R.U.N. If you plan on seeing a show book …I highly recommend the show R.U.N. If you plan on seeing a show book tickets from one of the booths in the street for the same day to get a decent discount. Be warned though food and drink on the Vegas strip is very expensive.

Thank you. I’ll look into this!
Toptrumpet10/01/2020 15:58

I would suggest you just focus on going to Las Vegas (11.5 hrs flight). I …I would suggest you just focus on going to Las Vegas (11.5 hrs flight). I find that people who only spend 3 or so days there don’t get the full experience and often ‘rubbish’ the place. If you spend time doing the legwork of researching prices, accommodation etc then you can often bag the best deal by booking the package as a whole with the airline direct. This week I researched Virgin versus BA to Las Vegas, and I came to the conclusion that Virgin’s economy seats are about £20 cheaper than BA’s premium economy. The hotel’s star rating vary enormously and as the strip is very long, you need to decide where the best place to stay is versus price. Also don’t forget to factor in the nightly resort fees that are payable locally. There is easily enough to keep you out of trouble for a week, and if you need any more help or input, I’d be willing to help you. I haven’t found booking separately or via an agent to be any cheaper.

Hmmm I’m so tied between just doing Vegas and the multi trip. I’ve even since seen the option of flying into San Fran, driving down the coast to LA then over to Vegas. I could plan the majority of days in Vegas though. Frustrating thing when it’s a multi trip is you seem to have to call up for accurate pricing. Coupled with the fact that I’m looking at going between Jan-April 2021, flights aren’t always released. So hard making this decision on my own 😫 First world problems eh!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions