Expired

Searching for a new Mono Laser Printer

Found 5th Aug 2008
Can anyone recommend a decent new mono laser printer max £150 maybe £200 that wont cost too much to run?

i don't like lexmark or dell. Thanks

12 Comments

Colour or mono ?

Original Poster

sorry, mono laser

If its just a basic mono printer you could try the HP Laserjet models. I think you can get the base models 1015 & 1020 etc for well under £100 nowadays.

You can also get the newer models P series for around the £100 mark aswell

Try a Samsung...I have had the previous model to this

amazon.co.uk/Sam…8-1

for 2 years and it has never let me down. Toner not so bad either, especially if you buy refilled old cartridges.

Brother do some great cheap ones

Banned

Brother HL-2030. superb for the price (about £50) and prints up to 10,000 pages with one cartridge!

Original Poster

Thank you all for your recommendations

csiman;2677403

Brother HL-2030. superb for the price (about £50) and prints up to 10,000 … Brother HL-2030. superb for the price (about £50) and prints up to 10,000 pages with one cartridge!

i'm liking this one so far, if it does that many prints and the quality is good.

I see in the specs that this is a USB connection does anyone know if it has an ethernet port so i can connect it to a router? Otherwise would i be able to print from a network with just usb?

Sagor;2677756

Thank you all for your recommendationsi'm liking this one so far, if it … Thank you all for your recommendationsi'm liking this one so far, if it does that many prints and the quality is good.I see in the specs that this is a USB connection does anyone know if it has an ethernet port so i can connect it to a router? Otherwise would i be able to print from a network with just usb?

Probably only USB, I've got a Edimax USB print server which I paid about 25 quid for which gives me USB over wireless which is great, supports scanning too

Edit. This is what I use play.com/PC/…e=0

There are cheaper ones if you don't want wireless and only print functionality

Banned

Sagor;2677756

Thank you all for your recommendationsi'm liking this one so far, if it … Thank you all for your recommendationsi'm liking this one so far, if it does that many prints and the quality is good.I see in the specs that this is a USB connection does anyone know if it has an ethernet port so i can connect it to a router? Otherwise would i be able to print from a network with just usb?

USB only but you can connect the printer to a router.

Original Poster

csiman;2677999

USB only but you can connect the printer to a router.

how would i do that? if it only has usb?

Sagor;2678055

how would i do that? if it only has usb?

You'd need a router that had a built in USB print server

Original Poster

thanks for your help :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88
    2. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    3. Driving anxiety.1517
    4. Xbox Newbie34

See more discussions