Searching within a email on a smartphone

9 replies
Found 3rd Dec 2016
Hi, does anyone know how to search for a word within a email when using Gmail app on a smartphone e.g. If I receive an email and I want to search for the word "london", on a computer it's very easy to do but I can't seem to find the option when using a smartphone.

I use Gmail and a samsung galaxy smartphone.

Thanx

9 Comments

not sure with android but on iphone go to inbox and swipe down give it a try

I could be wrong but I think it automatically searches for a word within the email

Original Poster

hottoast

If it's the same as mine.... , open Gmail app, go to inbox and click on … If it's the same as mine.... , open Gmail app, go to inbox and click on the magnifying glass on the top right hand corner.

​That searches all emails, but I only want to search within one email.

You could select all the text in the email, copy it into a word document and then use the find on page option.

ysm1234

​So if the search of the word does not populate that email clearly that email doesn't contain the word

When you search. Type "London" with the explanation marks.. that will bring up all emails with London in the text. You can also add other symbols to search. You can narrow down buy date or person along with a word. Don't know how to search just 1 email though

you should get an option to search on the server otherwise you just search for local emails stored on ur phone

took a picture for you

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/skunk_monkey/Screenshot_2016-12-03-20-19-07_zpsxinqjqns.png

ysm1234

Sorry to ask but why? Surly you know already the email contains the word since you only want to search for it within one email. Must be pretty big email that you can't be bothered reading if you only looking for a word within that email, would it not be out of context then? Otherwise go for ysm idea of a copy en paste.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions