Found 25th Apr
Hi
Is this a good deal?
I've been offered a SEAT Arona 1.0TSI SE TECHNOLOGY for;
£221.71 (x35)

£665.14 (Initial rental)
12,000 miles pa
Total £8424.99.
As I've done most of my research on here, i thought I would ask the experts if you thought this was a good deal? If not, where can I get a better deal on this car?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Hey, welcome to HUKD and congrats on your first post :). I've moved this to the Ask section so you can get some advice. Hope that helps.
that is quite steep considering you could get ateca for around 140-170 last year over 2 years

hotukdeals.com/dea…757
mattsk59 m ago

that is quite steep considering you could get ateca for around 140-170 …that is quite steep considering you could get ateca for around 140-170 last year over 2 yearshttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/seat-ateca-10-tsi-ecomotive-s-5dr-24-month-lease-10000-miles-pa-total-373541-at-national-vehicle-solutions-2622757

"Last year" being the key point... Show me an ateca deal for the same amount..
adam_holcombe36 m ago

"Last year" being the key point... Show me an ateca deal for the same …"Last year" being the key point... Show me an ateca deal for the same amount..

If your set on an Arona then yes its a decent deal for right now.
As the previous comments say they have been a lot cheaper so it might be worth looking at something different at the minute.
The car is just over £17k list, so your lease is for 50% of the car value. To me that is absolutely terrible. Most deals for leases on here which got hot over the last 5 years have been at about 20-25% of the car list price. OK those leases were for 2 years and not the 3 years you are looking at, but then again two year leaves are much better than 3 year ones.

On another note I have the 110ps version of that engine in my work Fabia Estate and it is fantastic. Sounds lovely, quite punchy and cruises on the motorway at very very low revs. Plus very low co2 and good gas mileage.
Doesn’t seem that good a deal. Neither was mine compared to last years but Pay £295 for a focus titanium 120 (1.5) at 18k per year with no deposit. My car has far more poke than that thing that basically has an equivalent of a basic Fiesta engine in it. Price for the focus was 17k new.
Thanks for all your comments and help. I'm looking to sort a deal very soon and looking at a 4-6 week delivery
Deaa21 h, 30 m ago

If your set on an Arona then yes its a decent deal for right now.As the …If your set on an Arona then yes its a decent deal for right now.As the previous comments say they have been a lot cheaper so it might be worth looking at something different at the minute.

I'm not fixed on any car at the moment. More the small SUV range and this seems to get good reviews. What Car etc..
MT204519 h, 47 m ago

Check Parkers Leasing Search

Thanks.... I will
MIDURIX14 h, 32 m ago

The car is just over £17k list, so your lease is for 50% of the car value. …The car is just over £17k list, so your lease is for 50% of the car value. To me that is absolutely terrible. Most deals for leases on here which got hot over the last 5 years have been at about 20-25% of the car list price. OK those leases were for 2 years and not the 3 years you are looking at, but then again two year leaves are much better than 3 year ones. On another note I have the 110ps version of that engine in my work Fabia Estate and it is fantastic. Sounds lovely, quite punchy and cruises on the motorway at very very low revs. Plus very low co2 and good gas mileage.

Why is a two year deal better than a three year? I assume one-off admin fee etc...
cmdr_elito9 h, 14 m ago

Doesn’t seem that good a deal. Neither was mine compared to last years but …Doesn’t seem that good a deal. Neither was mine compared to last years but Pay £295 for a focus titanium 120 (1.5) at 18k per year with no deposit. My car has far more poke than that thing that basically has an equivalent of a basic Fiesta engine in it. Price for the focus was 17k new.

I'll have a look at the Titanium. Any particular lease company?...

Thanks again
gsh6036 m ago

Thanks for all your comments and help. I'm looking to sort a deal very …Thanks for all your comments and help. I'm looking to sort a deal very soon and looking at a 4-6 week delivery I'm not fixed on any car at the moment. More the small SUV range and this seems to get good reviews. What Car etc.. Thanks.... I will Why is a two year deal better than a three year? I assume one-off admin fee etc... I'll have a look at the Titanium. Any particular lease company?...Thanks again

I did mine as a PCP direct with ford dealer 0%.
gsh607 h, 44 m ago

Thanks for all your comments and help. I'm looking to sort a deal very …Thanks for all your comments and help. I'm looking to sort a deal very soon and looking at a 4-6 week delivery I'm not fixed on any car at the moment. More the small SUV range and this seems to get good reviews. What Car etc.. Thanks.... I will Why is a two year deal better than a three year? I assume one-off admin fee etc... I'll have a look at the Titanium. Any particular lease company?...Thanks again

Two year is better than three because the main point of getting a lease on a new car is that you get a new car. With a two year lease in the second year you are driving a one year old car, but with a three year lease in your third year you are driving round in a car which is worth quite a bit less than when you got it at the beginning of the lease. So the shorter the lease the quicker you get a new car again.
cmdr_elito17 h, 12 m ago

Focus titanium 120 (1.5) at 18k per year with no deposit. My car has far …Focus titanium 120 (1.5) at 18k per year with no deposit. My car has far more poke than that thing that basically has an equivalent of a basic Fiesta engine in it.

That doesn't make much sense considering the Fiesta and Focus share the same petrol engines. I had the 100ps Fiesta as a work car and that did 0-60 in 10.8 (125ps version 9.1 and 140ps is 8.7), your Focus is 0-60 in 10.2. I have a Fabia estate with the same engine as the Arona at 110ps and that does 0-60 in 9.6, in the Arona its 115ps and 9.7 seconds, it's the same engine in the Polo and Ibiza and it also comes at 95ps. The engine in my Fabia feels a lot like a diesel and feels a fair bit more punchy than the Fiesta although it has more turbo lag than the Fiesta.

Your Focus certainly does not have more poke than this faster Arona though. Bigger engine does not equal better in this case.
MIDURIX6 h, 42 m ago

That doesn't make much sense considering the Fiesta and Focus share the …That doesn't make much sense considering the Fiesta and Focus share the same petrol engines. I had the 100ps Fiesta as a work car and that did 0-60 in 10.8 (125ps version 9.1 and 140ps is 8.7), your Focus is 0-60 in 10.2. I have a Fabia estate with the same engine as the Arona at 110ps and that does 0-60 in 9.6, in the Arona its 115ps and 9.7 seconds, it's the same engine in the Polo and Ibiza and it also comes at 95ps. The engine in my Fabia feels a lot like a diesel and feels a fair bit more punchy than the Fiesta although it has more turbo lag than the Fiesta.Your Focus certainly does not have more poke than this faster Arona though. Bigger engine does not equal better in this case.

Actually it does have more poke in the engine, Focus is heavier which is why there is a fractional difference. Mine is also a diesel whereas engine stated is a petrol which will deliver far less fuel economy so plenty of other reasons to avoid this car. It’s up to the OP really what’s right for them though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants